Re:Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Re:Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.

I am currently working on a scene in Maya 2016 which includes models and textures. I saved the file last night, but- when I attempted to re-open it today, a dialogue box popped up that read: "Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss. Please check the script editor for details". Most of the scene did not open correctly. Only a few of the models appeared in place.

Do any of you guys have any idea how to open this again? It is saved with a ".mb" extension. I copied the file and changed the extension to ".ma", but it would not even open.

=)

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
the prompt you have mentioned is very common and i have never seen it being the cause of such trouble. i am a newbie maya modeler but i have seen many maya scenes, 70% of them had this error (70% easy) and all rendered fine. Not even once that was the root of any kind of disruption in the output images.

You say that some models are missing - have you used them as a reference objects or were they a regular geometry? If you haven't changed any options you have Auto Save ON - maybe check the autobackup scenes in such case?

If the models are just misplaced - were those animated or static objects?

What do you mean that it can't open the ma, does it crash upon opening?

Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Renaming the extension from .mb to .ma does not help. .mb is binary and .ma is ascii format. So if maya expects ascii, it will be surprised if it finds binary data.

Did you have a look a the script editor? If this messages appears, there appear some error messages and warnings in the script editor. Maybe you can find something useful there.

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
This happened in maya 2016, if I'm remember well. Update resolve the issue i think.

reply share thread