Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
argiveajax
portfolio
Christopher Brown
Indianapolis, USA

Looking for guidance

Hello, I am looking for some advice on drawing, particularly as it relates to an aspiring 3d modeler. I started drawing just over 1 year ago now and I really love it. However I also enjoy 3D and believe making a living doing 3d is somewhat more probable.

Sorry to go off topic. Here are some drawings I have done from life. I recently saw a post by Mr. Lunatique (whos workshop I look forward to taking) telling someone that starting from life isn't always best/necessary, but before that I'd been told by others to only draw from life, so thats what I've been doing. The reason I bring it up is because it would simply be easier to practice more often if I knew it would still help to draw photos/master drawings.

I think thats enough to give a rough idea of where i am at with drawing. I have some still lifes I may post later if anyone is interested in seeing those. the drawings i posted are done mostly on 18x24 on the strathmore recycled pads with charcoal (i love charcoal).

I'd like to also post some of my 3d pieces but I know this is the 2d forum so I will refrain. here is a link to a sample portfolio that contains some 3d. I through together and sent to gnomon for feedback, please look and critque if you are interested.

http://chrisbrowniupui.wordpress.co...mple-portfolio/

thanks so much for your time, i promise to give back someday if i get to a helpful skill level.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread