Old 05-31-2012, 01:52 AM   #211
hypercube
frontier psychiatrist

portfolio
Daryl Bartley
vfx goon / gfx ho
hypercube
Los Angeles, USA

A little googling seems to say that was the end credits tease after "Battleship". Since, you know, it was destined to be a monster hit with many sequels.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:39 AM   #212
danielh68
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Daniel Helzer
Illustrator
Reno, USA

Well, something crashes into a small European farm. It's a larger multi-faceted capsule. The farmer and his family try breaking it open with rocks, tools, and finally a blow torch. Nothing works. Then one of the facets explodes off and a giant grey hand lunges out grasping the side of the opening. Then screen goes black. The camera angle never reveals what's inside.

Again, I'm not sure what I saw. Perhaps it was a trailer to another movie, but the rest of the trailers came sometime later and there was no title to it either. The timing of it was much closer to the ending of the Avengers than anything else.

HelzerSketch Blog

Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 AM   #213
danielh68
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Daniel Helzer
Illustrator
Reno, USA

Thanks hypercube Now my mind is clear!

HelzerSketch Blog

Old 05-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #214
grrinc
Expert

I saw it last night and absolutely loved it. I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if I have covered old ground......

But the only bit I was disappointed with was the Apple Seed rip off when Tony Stark fell from his tower. I was in the process of ripping this scene off myself in an animation, but now people will accuse me of stealing from the wrong film.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #215
RobertoOrtiz
[Forum Leader]

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Roberto Ortiz
Illustrator/ Modeler
Washington DC, USA

Send a message via MSN to RobertoOrtiz
THE UI design of the Avengers:
http://cargocollective.com/jayse/Avengers
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 06-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #216
RobertoOrtiz
[Forum Leader]

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Roberto Ortiz
Illustrator/ Modeler
Washington DC, USA

Send a message via MSN to RobertoOrtiz
Hulk's Smashing Special Effects: The Avengers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d&v=rb5P271k5f4

Full Story at: http://bit.ly/KSavuM
He's big, green and chews up scenes in the box-office phenomenon "The Avengers." Find out how the visual effects masters at Industrial Light and Magic helped bring the Hulk to life with this behind the scenes look from The Daily.

Also, be sure to check out the behind the scenes of the Avengers: Battle for New York City http://youtu.be/j62PuN_PIaY
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 06-25-2012, 04:36 AM   #217
teruchan
Skeleton Man

portfolio
Terrence Walker
The Last King
of Scotland
Shanghai, China

**** may contain tiny spoilers *****

I have not loved a film so much in AGES! The kid inside me has been awakened and is more alive than ever before. Some scenes almost brought tears to my eyes, especially when the Hulk destroyed that huge monster and then all the heroes stood together in the street.

There were seme things, like a few costumes, that could easily have come across as cheesy as the Dolph Lundgren He-Man movie, but they really made it work. I applaud them.

Strangely, Captain America was by far my favorite character in the movie, even though I didn't think much of his own movie. He was like the only true hero in there it seemed. There is too much I could go on about for pages and pages. See it! You likely won't regret it.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Old 06-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #218
Emmanuel
For hire

portfolio
Emmanuel Henné
Designer (diploma)
Kaiserslautern, Germany

Indeed, Whedon has really pushed the characters inside those costumes compared to their own single movies, and while I found Cap pretty boring in Captain America: The First Avenger, I liked him quite well in The Avengers.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #219
teruchan
Skeleton Man

portfolio
Terrence Walker
The Last King
of Scotland
Shanghai, China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artbot
PS: Did everyone catch it when Stark called Hawkeye "Legolas"? Hilarious.

Heheh I think Stark's best line had to be, "That man was playing Galaga! He thought nobody noticed, but we did."

As for the Hulk VFX, I think this is hands down the best Hulk yet, and I really like the 2nd Hulk movie. I think I asked in another thread, before I saw the film, if he was made to look like the actor, and now I see he really was. I could believe it was the same guy. Sounds like the actor did his voice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercube
Followup short article/slideshow on ILM's digital Manhattan, with some actual elements:

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/20...l-new-york.html

Just like the majority of effects in this, really felt seamless. I know they did a lot of the same thing in TF3 and others, but it really felt nice and tightly integrated here IMO, never gave it a second thought.

WOW! I Would have never guessed that in a million years! I thought it was all really shot there. It all just looked real.
You don't need millions of dollars or major studio backing!!

Last edited by teruchan : 06-25-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #220
webhead
Expert

Weird Secrets of The Avengers

"With The Avengers coming to DVD and Blu-ray on Sept. 25, we sat down with three of the movie's VFX creators at Industrial Light and Magic, and learned some totally insane secrets of the film..."

http://io9.com/5940888/weird-secret...er-have-guessed

Of course, some of these "secrets" won't really surprise those here who work in the business.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #221
hypercube
frontier psychiatrist

portfolio
Daryl Bartley
vfx goon / gfx ho
hypercube
Los Angeles, USA

Have read some extensive stuff on it but the digidouble stuff was a surprise! Especially for that shot in the trailer of Widow running towards camera. That's got to be up there with the full face Obiwan from Ep2 as a surprise. Same for cg Bruce.

I think it is really head and shoulders above anything else like it for the year.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #222
eliseu gouveia
Engine of Creation

Eliseu Gouveia
Comicbook Artist
Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruchan
Heheh I think Stark's best line had to be, "That man was playing Galaga! He thought nobody noticed, but we did.".

RDJ does deliver quite a few gems:

"- Doth mother know you weareth her robes?"

" - Point Break."

^^

Old 09-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #223
japetus
3D Trickster

portfolio
Mike Hanson
3D Artist
[:|] Straightface Studios
Seattle, USA

The Hulk in Avengers was awesome, though I think that was down less to them capturing "every scar and mole and armpits" as they say, but more in the excellent animation and skin movement they provided. I also like in the article how they mention they made the Hulk not totally ripped, so he would have "some place to go" when he flexed. I think that really sold him as a living being as well. I agree with them, that the last Hulk was way too ripped and just seemed pretty plastic because he couldn't flex much, he was ALWAYS flexing.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #224
hypercube
frontier psychiatrist

portfolio
Daryl Bartley
vfx goon / gfx ho
hypercube
Los Angeles, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by japetus
The Hulk in Avengers was awesome, though I think that was down less to them capturing "every scar and mole and armpits" as they say, but more in the excellent animation and skin movement they provided. I also like in the article how they mention they made the Hulk not totally ripped, so he would have "some place to go" when he flexed. I think that really sold him as a living being as well. I agree with them, that the last Hulk was way too ripped and just seemed pretty plastic because he couldn't flex much, he was ALWAYS flexing.

I think it was a combination of all those things, attention to detail and actually thinking about things like the ability to flex, etc. in the design and animation that really sold it. And things like giving him body hair and sweat and pores and other subtle things not only connected it to Ruffalo better but just made him feel like his own real character. They got every single thing right.

Ang Lee's Hulk had some amazing work done on muscles and physicality but the rest of the design and of course skin color completely wrecked it. The "extra taut" look on Ed Norton's Hulk was definitely the main problem with that one, though..really made it cartoonish.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #225
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread