The Unhappy Clown, Mats Holmberg (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #16
Hiya. Very nice rendering.

A small thing, but i think the bloody hand in the background offsets the composition a little.

Old 10 October 2004   #17
this clown is awsome and if my older sister saw this she would flip. she hates clowns and this thing is just done awsomely. maybe a lil more clean up on the face but its a great thought.

Old 10 October 2004   #18
Thanks for your feedback!

I kinda agree about the hand offsetting the composition a bit... and originally, it wasn't planned to be there at all. I just happened to paint somethin resembling a hand, and then I rendered it a bit - and once it was there, i thought it sort of gave the pic a slight... funny edge, so i kept it.

Old 10 October 2004   #19
i think this is excellent...

Old 10 October 2004   #20
Really good work. I like the expression on face of the sad evil clow.

Old 10 October 2004   #21
Excellent ! I love it, the colors, the character...

Old 10 October 2004   #22
I thought this thread was properly dead now... but no.
Once again, all I can say is thank you. It's great to hear so many of you like my work!

Old 04 April 2005   #23
love it..do u have any tutorial as u how to paint using the computer?

Old 04 April 2005   #24
Wow! How did you manage to dig this old thread up?! That effort makes you more than worthy of a comment to your reply!

I am afraid I have to disappoint you there though, since I don't have any tutorials really. But actually, I think it's not so much painting on the computer, as painting alltogether; in order to make good paintings, you need to know how to work with form and color, just as you would in real media. Then you will have to learn the tools of the software of choice, and then just.. do it.

The way I worked on this pic was very straight forward - only using round Photoshop brushes with the "flow" set to "pen preassure" . Starting by making a quick sketch, then blocking in the colors, then adding details. I don't know what more to say. Sometimes, it's so hard to describe "how to do it", because they way I work is just very much just scribbling away.

Hope this was atleast a tiny bit helpful.

Old 04 April 2005   #25
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread