Arctic Express 2008, Raphael Lacoste (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2008
amazing work, love the lighting!

07 July 2008
Talking

truly breathtaking! I absolutely adore this piece.

The colours create such a intriguing atmosphere. I love the overall coolness of the piece. Yet the bits of warm light here and there seem to be a nice contrast to the cold. The effects look great! I love how the tracks look so icy and how you created the steam and sparks. That truly adds to the overall realism of the piece, but also to the excitement of it. I get a sense of excitement when looking at this piece. Its as if the train is about to embark on a death defying adventure! No stopping this baby. Its going all the way.

I think the use of the many different layers of elements really all works well together and nothing seems out of place to me. I also like how larger the train feels compared to the rail road its on and the little town beside it. It definitely seems to be a focal point and the dominating subject matter. I like that. Its saying lets go! hehe. Its just so exciting...

It also reminds of The Polar Express in a way. It almost could be concept art from that movie its that amazing.

great job.

02 February 2009
Train

Wow! great job on your render. I like how the train is bigger than everything else making it pop out more but still not drawing all the attention away the rest of the scene.

01 January 2010
A very hypnotic engaging picture.. your use of light and shade is very well done. A great marriage between 3DS max and photoshop.. congrats

01 January 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread