The Undercity, Daniel Voyer-lessard (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2004
The Undercity, Daniel Voyer-lessard (2D)

Title: The Undercity
Name: Daniel Voyer-lessard
Software: Photoshop

This is quite frankly my best piece ever. I spent over 35 hours of work on this one detailing every corner. I started only with rough shapes of the main parts, with no particular concept before starting(I tend to avoid that, shame on me!)
This is all photoshop work, a 1600% Zoom plus dodge and burn tools only. Except for the water, which I partially generated using Aurora(a photoshop plugin, shame on me again!)
Yet, I obviously am not a professionnal artist and some experts around here might find "amateur" mistakes on this image I wouldn't be able to point out. If you do, I'd really love to hear about them. I'm here to learn and improve!

>> Hi resolution image <<

09 September 2004
Smile

Nice texturing, the detail is very good. I like the focal point in this piece too, seems like a trap!

09 September 2004
personally i love to draw caves myself... however i must point out that the image in general is very dark and even though you probably spend a good deal of your time making the rock details notice that the image it self looks rather flat.. boaring. there nothing going on there is not even a hint of that dampness you would find in caves myst mold ... for an evironment image i think it still lacks. maybe it would be worth makeing a close up of that statue in the middle which seems to be your main focus. the rest of the elements of dont seem to help the image in any sort of way. none the less. good work. i guess since this image is done just something to keep in mind for your next project.

09 September 2004
Yea I tend to agree with that as well, there are some parts that indeed look flat. Thanks a lot for the crits, helps a lot understanding how to improve.

09 September 2004
Its a great peice, however when i see it, I dont know about the light source. it seems to be coming from the focal point, but you see alot of light on the back of the stalagmites...check that out? BUt great work, and i love all the details that you've added. It does look like a trap, but certainly a great adventure to undertake eh?

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread