Next Gen Lara Croft fanart (Classic outfit)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2014   #61
Yes, Lara Croft have change a lot over the years. But technology have improve a lot over the years (polygon count), & only last gen, could we have a Lara that resembled a real person, in feature, & finally a real world porportion Lara in 2013.

But then they decide to change her again, & its divide on opinion among fans, with many fans asking CrystalDynamics to change Lara look back to TR2013. But thats another discussion.

I think the Original 2013 Lara is still the best, & I have the following picture to prove it. Haha#

Valentine Special I made for Tomb Raider Community.

(Please click, or open in new tab to enlarge to full 1080p resolution)

Last edited by PKD : 02 February 2014 at 10:18 PM.

Old 02 February 2014   #62
Great pose. I like it, although I still think you could push the renders way more. Is there a certain reason you got a picture of Heidelberg in the back?

Old 02 February 2014   #63
Originally Posted by The-FubaR: Great pose. I like it, although I still think you could push the renders way more. Is there a certain reason you got a picture of Heidelberg in the back?

You know your Landmark.

It was a picture I took a while ago. Reason I use is that I do not want to use a random picture from the internet ( I try to aviod using too much image from googling), & this picture I took of Heidelberg looks great.

Anway, I have a week only to make this (Its a request from someone on Tomb Raider community, & it came very late), so I do 'cheat' a little to save time. The sofa for instance is a stock 3D mesh from www.designconnect.com, & the design of the Valentine card is from googling, as is the design of the wallpaper (on the wall).

Rendering has always been my weak link. Sadly. My rendering seems to have this 'colorful' & not photorealistic feel. Guess its good for cartoon scene, but somewhat not so much for realistic scene.

Maybe I seriously need to take a online course, or get an online tutorial on Rendering & lighting...

Anyone have anything good to recommend?

Old 02 February 2014   #64
Great modelling skill bro!!!

Old 02 February 2014   #65
Originally Posted by machadoj: Great modelling skill bro!!!

Thanks. But I am a lousy renderer. Need to find time to properly study lighting & rendering.

Old 02 February 2014   #66
Time and practice will do it, `cause you have talent!

Old 02 February 2014   #67
Originally Posted by machadoj: Time and practice will do it, `cause you have talent!

Thanks. I will continue to push harder.

Old 02 February 2014   #68
I am going to say I am putting this on ice.

After playing 'Gone Home' (which is an awesome Indie game by the way), I cannot help but thinking to myself, the game size & asserts is something within my means (maybe with some external help).

So I have give it a lot of thought, & I think its gripe for me to create my own game. So I will spend the rest of the year (& beyond) to building my own little game.

But first, I have to get up to speed on game creation, & I have download UDK & I will be working hard to get up to speed on learning, & using it. From level editing to Unrealscript programming, & everything in between.

It will be in the veins of 'Gone Home' with minimal cut-scenes, characters, & other overhead that required massive resources, & focus on resource collection but unlike Gone home, it will have more focus on environmental puzzles.

I will post game assert here. look out for my new WIP here in CGtalk.

Thanks for watching this thread.

Last edited by PKD : 02 February 2014 at 10:24 PM.

Old 02 February 2014   #69
nice. looking forward to it.

quick question: why udk ?

Old 02 February 2014   #70
Good luck, I'm rootin' for you.
Don't overlook Unity before you commit to an engine. Both are good options.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 02 February 2014   #71
Originally Posted by kybel: nice. looking forward to it.

quick question: why udk ?

Because its popular & there are many resources available. I will self taught, so resources & community are critical for me.

But I am open to suggestions.

Old 02 February 2014   #72
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: Good luck, I'm rootin' for you.
Don't overlook Unity before you commit to an engine. Both are good options.

I heard good things about Unity. Certainly not dismissing Unity as well.

Old 02 February 2014   #73
well from what i saw, i think that cryengine can be a cool option, there are also a tons of resources on it, and i think that the ui is much more similar to an ui of a 3d application like maya. especially the ways it handles materials. UDK is very much different. i worked on it for a short while (archviz walkthrough), and i can imagine that for some, it could be confusing and hard to grasp.
theres nothing wrong with udk, but i think there are other more user friendly options...if thats also a factor for you.

Old 02 February 2014   #74
Originally Posted by kybel: well from what i saw, i think that cryengine can be a cool option, there are also a tons of resources on it, and i think that the ui is much more similar to an ui of a 3d application like maya. especially the ways it handles materials. UDK is very much different. i worked on it for a short while (archviz walkthrough), and i can imagine that for some, it could be confusing and hard to grasp.
theres nothing wrong with udk, but i think there are other more user friendly options...if thats also a factor for you.

I am not an expert on the game development side of things to be honest. Played a bit with Directx (version 7 then) & abit of C++ back in college (& that was like 10 years ago...), & thats about it.

Thanks for the advice.

Old 02 February 2014   #75
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread