CGChallenge Digital Matte Painting 2013: Kreola!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2013   #76
Hello to all

Hello, My name is Matt Williamson. I am jumping in a bit late, but that just just enhances the challenge, right?
It appears there has been some confusion about the project parameters, I hope I am on the right path!
I have been absent from cg talk for a while but I will be posting lots of new portfolio work in the next few days. I hope to get lots of feed back.
A shout out to David: I took your Cg Society Matte Painting course years ago, it was a great experience. Thank you for that!

Old 11 November 2013   #77
Placeholder

Hey guys,
As the deadline is quickly approaching I would like to recommend to submit a temp version already and then update it in time if you manage to work on it some more.

Good luck to you all.
Milan

Old 11 November 2013   #78
KREOLA - martin jones

This this is my first entry here - I have enjoyed the challenge . I am not sure if the images will be to painterly but I don't think i will have time to photo bash the images as it were.
I have left out anything that would add movement to the scene, this includes steam and smoke and any canopies people or wild life (which was a challenge in itself)

Is there a sticky about adding wip images ? how do i attach images ?( duh)

the main inspiration is from the Tordra gorge in morocco

As I am new - not sure if the post will be validated in time for the entry to be excepted , if im not then no matter I just wanted to share what I,ve done so far.

Enjoyed looking at every ones entries

Good luck all !

Old 11 November 2013   #79
Originally Posted by MattW: Hello, My name is Matt Williamson. I am jumping in a bit late, but that just just enhances the challenge, right?
It appears there has been some confusion about the project parameters, I hope I am on the right path!
I have been absent from cg talk for a while but I will be posting lots of new portfolio work in the next few days. I hope to get lots of feed back.
A shout out to David: I took your Cg Society Matte Painting course years ago, it was a great experience. Thank you for that!

Hio Matt,

Yes I do remember you! How are things with you? Thanks for the mention For KREOLA, 1 Day and 10 hours remain...time to submit the final soon guys, GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

www.davidluong.net
facebook.com/ackdoh

I teach a DMP Workshop

http://photonicplayground.com art gallery!

Old 11 November 2013   #80
Nice challenge

Old 11 November 2013   #81
Entries Closed: Judging In Progress

Thank you all for bringing my brief to life and submitting so many wonderful entries. Congratulations to all the artists who participated in this Matte Painting challenge. You can all be proud of your work.
Please, stay tuned for the announcement of the winners soon.

Old 11 November 2013   #82
Quote: hank you all for bringing my brief to life and submitting so many wonderful entries. Congratulations to all the artists who participated in this Matte Painting challenge. You can all be proud of your work.
Please, stay tuned for the announcement of the winners soon.

Thank you for making this fun challenge available to us!
Already looking forward for next one!

Best,

Old 11 November 2013   #83
thx a lot for nice time and possibility to learn from the bests mattepainters Hope you will start new competition soon

Old 11 November 2013   #84
Hey Everyone!

I will be organizing all of the final images for all judges tonight, stay tuned for the winners when all judges have reviewed the entries, hopefully this week!

www.davidluong.net
facebook.com/ackdoh

I teach a DMP Workshop

Old 11 November 2013   #85
I haven't had time recently to look at all of the work by everyone, but congrats to all those who participated! There was some really great work shown in this challenge and I can't wait to see the final results. Good luck to everybody.

Old 11 November 2013   #86
Im on the top 11 short list, and now I feel like a winner

Old 11 November 2013   #87
Originally Posted by kabanf: Im on the top 11 short list, and now I feel like a winner

Yar! Congrats Aleksander Top 3 will be announced soon too!

www.davidluong.net
facebook.com/ackdoh

I teach a DMP Workshop

Old 11 November 2013   #88
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread