Blender and relative aligning.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2013   #1
Bsurfaces and Line conversion in Blender 2.6.9

There are 3 tasks that my exercises and viewing of tutorial videos havn't helped much on. Could someone
just reply with practical answers, if possible?

-What do I actually do to get bsurfaces generating between two Grease Pencil lines?
I can put down a plane and get the bsurfaces menu to show in the <t> area, but it hangs whenever I get it to go and or does nothing. How do I get it to run and give me the resultant grid, with the new options thereafter?

-What is the keyboard shortcut for subdivisions on a path? How may I select all subdivisions on a path?

-How do I turn a straight, individual path into a bezier, as well as in place too? How may I turn an individual straight path, composite paths, and beziers into a grease pencil line, in reverse (would need to for bsurfaces and other options)? Otherwise what would you do with aid in drawing nicer grease pencil lines?

Last edited by Zachary1234 : 11 November 2013 at 01:33 AM.

Old 11 November 2013   #2
-Don't worry about my bsurfaces question, since I have got layers and bsurfaces all working
as desired. My problem now pertains to lines. To help with my modelling, and to provide me with all desired options, I need 2 things now:

-If I have a path which is a series of straight line, in <tab> edit mode, how may I select a desired cross segment of multiple sub paths, all all paths at once?

-How may I convert an already drawn straight line path into a bezier curve, with its dual end handles to help with curvature? Mainly, how do I convert an individual or multiple "path path",
or a bezier curve, or a combination of the two latter curves, into a Grease Pencil curve? I would need to go from paths or beziers to bsurfaces, since I need the special handle assistance to give me better precision for curves that Grease Pencil gives me when drawing with it.

Can someone tell me what to do with these, please?

Old 11 November 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread