Need for critiques - Skaven Zverov Art

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01 January 2013   #1
Need for critiques - Skaven Zverov Art

Hi to all!

First, let me inroduce myself, since i am posting first time here. I am Adam Isailovic, also known as Skaven Zverov ( CKABEH 3BEPOB ) and i am from Belgrade, Serbia. I am 34 years old, and did not have the chance to pursue my passion to art and games until two years ago. Since then, i am practicing daily and i want to become even better artist. I am self taught artist, and i never had any serious criticism, from anyone, and i would love to hear your thoughts, make it harsh as it can be!

---------------------

About the work i am doing now: She is a Vampire Slayer, one of the hunters for High Council of Menna. She is beautiful, but dangerous. At same time, i will try to represent her mellow side, too. Even the harshest woman is tender with her lover.

My goal is this : Sira Lionfire - this is my latest picture that i did. I had a "breakthrough" with my quality of work with Sira, and i want to become better.

I hope you guys will like this:

 
Old 01 January 2013   #2
Originally Posted by CKABEH: Hi to all!

First, let me inroduce myself, since i am posting first time here. I am Adam Isailovic, also known as Skaven Zverov ( CKABEH 3BEPOB ) and i am from Belgrade, Serbia. I am 34 years old, and did not have the chance to pursue my passion to art and games until two years ago. Since then, i am practicing daily and i want to become even better artist. I am self taught artist, and i never had any serious criticism, from anyone, and i would love to hear your thoughts, make it harsh as it can be!

---------------------

About the work i am doing now: She is a Vampire Slayer, one of the hunters for High Council of Menna. She is beautiful, but dangerous. At same time, i will try to represent her mellow side, too. Even the harshest woman is tender with her lover.

My goal is this : Sira Lionfire - this is my latest picture that i did. I had a "breakthrough" with my quality of work with Sira, and i want to become better.

I hope you guys will like this:



The drawing you started with is strong, but you've drowned the figure in black. All the eye sees is the brown of the scabbard, the yellow of the hair, and BLACK. LOL. Your lighting needs some serious study and work, what you've done on the face is all wrong, I would start over. Her shoulder needs some work, too, were you working from a photo? The arm socket is wrong, you have no structure of the armpit or shoulderblade, and it looks awkward.

It's a good start, I would start over, use more color, and study shadows and lighting. Dark scenes like this are a challenge anyway, maybe you should wait until you have more skill before you tackle this.
 
Old 01 January 2013   #3
Originally Posted by BillyWJ: The drawing you started with is strong, but you've drowned the figure in black. All the eye sees is the brown of the scabbard, the yellow of the hair, and BLACK. LOL. Your lighting needs some serious study and work, what you've done on the face is all wrong, I would start over. Her shoulder needs some work, too, were you working from a photo? The arm socket is wrong, you have no structure of the armpit or shoulderblade, and it looks awkward.

It's a good start, I would start over, use more color, and study shadows and lighting. Dark scenes like this are a challenge anyway, maybe you should wait until you have more skill before you tackle this.


Thank you very much for the critique! I really appreciate it!

Now, i am still study lighting, and that is why i decided to do it like this. There is no better practice for me as self taught artist than trying. So far, i didn't have anyone that tells me:"Hey, that, and that, is not good, try it this way". That is why i am asking for serious critiques, and thank you for that! Also, this is not done from a photo, i could not find similar pose and lighting as i drew it. I will not bail this picture, definitely, because there is no other way to learn what i am doing wrong

Again, thank you for the words, i will try and fix the armpit/shoulder, definitely, as well as coloring and lightning.
 
Old 01 January 2013   #4
Hey BillyWJ is it possible for you to do a draw over his painting for the arm socket? I'm actually interested myself. I was looking for refs for this kind of arm placement and wasn't able to find anything. Thanks btw.

As for the picture the only critique that I can say and answer is the shadow underneath her cheeks and nose. With a shadow so strong she would need cheeks and a nose that protrude out a lot more. With what you got the shadow should be very small and barely noticeable under her cheeks.

The original sketch is fantastic and very alluring, i like the shapes of her nose and lips.
 
Old 01 January 2013   #5
Originally Posted by Surgeuk: Hey BillyWJ is it possible for you to do a draw over his painting for the arm socket? I'm actually interested myself. I was looking for refs for this kind of arm placement and wasn't able to find anything. Thanks btw.

As for the picture the only critique that I can say and answer is the shadow underneath her cheeks and nose. With a shadow so strong she would need cheeks and a nose that protrude out a lot more. With what you got the shadow should be very small and barely noticeable under her cheeks.

The original sketch is fantastic and very alluring, i like the shapes of her nose and lips.


Thank you very much! I am redoing the coloring now, and will update soon! Still having large problems with that arm pit
 
Old 01 January 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.