Rigging Qns for 2-toed model

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #1
Stretchy leg Prob

Hi all, I have encountered some problems in my foot controls as it is a two-toed rig and hence there is problems especially for the Ball Roll.

Hoping to have some advices.
However, I am only able to upload the Skeletion Rig and hence will not be able to show the model, please do seek for your understanding..

1. As it is a two-toed model, I have tried using IK for almost all the joints in the leg, until I have found out that there is a problem with the Toes. If you would take a look at this pic: Foot Ctrl,
no matter how I rotates or tried to change the overall hierachy, the Toes (Joints without the IK handle) would rotates whenever I tried to rotates my Foot Ball Group.
Even so, I have noticed that the Joints will be 'forced' to push forward as I rotates the Ball Group.

2. I am also trying to make it into a Stretchy Leg. By the way, I am using the 2 Locators and 3 nodes (Distance Between, MultiplyDivide and Condition) method and it is not working as the Second term values is smaller than the First Term value.

Initially, I thought I may have did it wrong, but much after trial and error on my part and some serious checking on my steps, the results remains the same.
Firstly, either the Joints are able to stretch but the others joints (Toes etc.) they are still demonstrating the 'pushed' effect as I am rotating the Ball Group and at times, the IK Handle (Thigh to Ankle) will be off - not sticking to the Joint.

I have uploaded the .ma file in case if I am not very clear. MA file

Greatly appreciate for any advices and help given.
Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by azureFantist : 08 August 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Old 08 August 2012   #2
Stretchy leg Prob

Hi all, I have somewhat managed to solve my first problem.

However, I am still having problem with the stretching. This time I tried using the distance tool along with the 3 nodes as mentioned, though I am able to achieve the stretchy, but this time round, the joints (from thigh to ankle), they will rotate more than 180 degrees when they are being stretched forward beyond a limit.

When the leg is being stretched backwards or downwards, the rotational axis of the joints maintains but not while it is being stretched forwards.
I am not sure if this problem occurs due to the placement of my joints, or perhaps I have did somewhere wrong in the process of the stretching.

To be clear in my problem, I have uploaded my new file here for your reference in case I am not being very descriptive.

Many thanks in advance for any advices given.

Old 08 August 2012   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread