The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Carlos Bernardo Junior

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2006   #31
Hey Carlos -- thanks for your kind words over on my thread...really appreciate it. A turntable is just an extremely simple animated shot of one of your main characters. Save your main character as a separate file, apply one basic gray material on him (there is no reason to texture the model), light the scene very basically, then animate a camera spinning either 180 or 360 degrees around this character for 120 frames. Render the animation as jpegs then upload these 120 .jpg files in a zip (not the folder in which you may have saved the jpegs...just the 120 .jpg files without a path).

Make the animation as basic as you want. It's just to ensure you are working in 3D. : )

If you go to the "Challenge Pages" of some of the more serious entrants you can see their turntables. (Some persons place their models on actual "turntables" but that is unnecessary.)

Good luck Carlos! This is fantastic very expressive work!

Old 05 May 2006   #32
Hahah, that's-A-ME! Before they kicked me out of their houses because I mooched there NES from them essentially.

Does the turn-around have to be submitted via ftp? Or is there an option in the submit entry area?

Old 05 May 2006   #33
Hi Carlos! Last image of the boy is nice! The turntable is "turn around" your main character. Take the boy and make him turn 360°; make a shoot 120 frame long, but you don't have to make a movie file; just render the frames, zip all the 120 rendered frames and upload your turntable. You can fin more information in the FAQ section. Good luck my friend!

Old 05 May 2006   #34
This looks really good! Very nice lighting too on the alien space scene. The lighting on him could be a tad bit more bluish or even better yet, the image of the alien scene is the lights texture!

Old 05 May 2006   #35
Shading (Textured and lit): More aliens

I will put some dynamics at the laser and the craters.
I am worried perhaps about the scene, maybe it is a little confused.

[]s
carlos

Old 05 May 2006   #36
Final Image: Alien Game Final

This is my final image. Unfortunely I will not have time to improve it this week, but anyway it was really great to participate of this challenge and good luck for all! =D

Here is the background:

“For a boy his journey begins in the front of a videogame. When pressing START everything happens, a new full world of challenges and responsibilities. Fighting against monsters and villains this boy one day grows and hiss challenges will change. Who know how many of us have started in interesting for computer graphics in the front of the videogame?”

[]s
carlos

Last edited by dogmatico : 05 May 2006 at 05:53 PM.

Old 05 May 2006   #37
Um me! This came out great and the subject matter hits home. I like how the tentacle looks like its about to attack the kid.

Old 05 May 2006   #38
Thanks Womball! =D

Your first tip for the NES Controller was very very important!

[]s
carlos

Old 05 May 2006   #39
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread