Maya Display Fixes : Q & A

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 08 August 2012   #451
I'm having this problem with Maya on Mac OSX Lion;
the window seems frozen (I can't move it or maximize or minimize), it's like it's translated to the bottom left.

Any thoughts?
Here's the following image.

Old 08 August 2012   #452
Ok I figured it out.
Simple, I just had to restore the preference to default setting

Old 09 September 2012   #453
My display problems

Hello. I am a newcomer to Maya and am currently learning. I have been having the issue on my Maya 2013 Student Edition x64 that my Outliner, Project Window and options windows are not opening. I go to the menus and select one of the above options and the menu disappears, but no window pops up. Obviously this is a major issue that I can't just deal with. Does anyone know of a solution?

I have a Windows 7 Machine i7, with an NVIDIA GTX 570 graphics card. Thanks!

Old 09 September 2012   #454
are they maybe opening up on a different display ? have you gone from a dual monitor to single monitor ? in your prefs directory there is a file windowPrefs.mel one can move this file aside (delete it) to restore default window placements

Old 09 September 2012   #455
I do have dual monitors. I tried going back to one display, both through switching in my graphics settings and physically unplugging my DVI cable from my video card, and it didn't fix. I also tried your suggestion of moving the windowPrefs.mel file, and it still won't let any of the pop up windows launch. Any other suggestions?

On a second note, not as much display related, when I go to do face select with polygons, it also selects all the vertices connected to the face. I was just wondering if this is a setting that someone can accidentally turn on because it is greatly hindering the training I am trying to do? Thanks again.

Old 08 August 2013   #456
Hi all.
I playing with Maya 2014 trial and having big viewport (regular, high and 2.0 no difference) slowdowns.
i7 3770, ATI 7950, 16GB RAM.

Using you NEX in multitool mode viewport is just fine. Once I switch it off and lets say go to vertex mode I have 3-10 second lags just to select stuff. Vertex/edge welding is simply impossible and we are talking about scenes (sphere) with 3.5K faces only.

Any ideas how to deal with this?
In comparison Max handles 1M poly no sweat.

Last edited by Visum : 08 August 2013 at 04:52 PM.

reply share thread