Dominance War II: medunecer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
Dominance War II: medunecer

I'm in! Soon first sketches...

02 February 2007
In the last two days I have started to have a more clear idea of my character. As the title says, she's a smooth assassin, as smooth as silk; She does her job in silence, using such non conventional weapons as chemical and biological stuff. For now, I think she will not use any gun or rifle, but things like medical items. Below you can see the first early sketches...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg early_sketches.jpg (88.4 KB, 81 views)

02 February 2007
...and this is the final version. More details to be added.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sketch_05.jpg (88.5 KB, 55 views)

02 February 2007
i think a small skirt (simple/smooth/metal) would look good on her, perhaps not even enough to cover up the crotch from that last angle

02 February 2007
a backpack or something for that tube to go into wold be useful. also tou could place some more of those knives all over her, in case she throws some of them at the enemys.
the helmet looks kind of too simple compared to the body armor.

-claudiu

02 February 2007
Thanks friends, useful advices!

zeke3d: really sexy with a skirt, but she's an assassin and maybe a classic suit should work better.

nikudy: good idea! Back pack added! I'll show you something about it soon!
Thanks again for the support!

02 February 2007
Modeling stage started!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modeling_01.jpg (21.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg modeling_02.jpg (23.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg modeling_03.jpg (29.6 KB, 22 views)

02 February 2007
I think this will be the final shape f the character. It's quite simply, and I'll try to give more variations with texturing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modeling_04.jpg (46.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg modeling_05.jpg (59.1 KB, 41 views)

02 February 2007
It looks like you have a really nice start laying down the geometry. I like her concept, it's nice to see a character that doesn't rely on Guns and traditional weapons, going for something more interesting. Those syringes look nasty, I'd hate to be her enemy!

Keep up the good work!

03 March 2007
back with other sketches to define better the textures. I think I'll have some ptoblems with normal mapping; this is my very first time with this technique!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rough_color_01.jpg (41.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg rough_color_02.jpg (62.1 KB, 40 views)

03 March 2007
really like the pose on the second sketch. the glowing green could be really cool.

03 March 2007
Good start ... i like the idea with the pet ... but you should hurry up ... deadline is coming closer and closer ... any updates yet?

-
time is passing by...

03 March 2007
some updates. I'm not satisfied about the texturing; I think I'll re make it from the principle. I'm new in texturing (and modeling) characters for games and I have to say that it's really difficult! I have to learn a lot...!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smooth_assassin_01.jpg (31.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg smooth_assassin_02.jpg (26.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg smooth_assassin_03.jpg (30.9 KB, 27 views)

03 March 2007
i like your hand-painted textures a lot man! did you do any normal maps for this? the face looks a little flat but i really don't mind it that much.

03 March 2007
hey Quickel! Thanks for your encouragement, but, after another look at the works of you fellow colleagues, I'm remaking all the texturing work ( and maybe I'll retouch some polygons too). All of you are doing a very high quality work and this push me to do much more! About normal maps: actually, I'm starting to study this technique right in these days, but I don't think to use on this model (unfortunately), because I should work on the hi-poly model and I haven't so much time!

Thread Closed share thread