CA Tools We Want

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
About CAT. There's some really stupid limitations that it has. If you set it up so that you pose your legs using IK, you can't control your knee position. Meaning your knee will ALWAYS point forward, regardless of how your feet are positioned. If you use FK however, this isn't a problem. Maybe I just missed something, but that really started bugging me when I was using the trial.

I'm still looking forward to seeing what CAT 2 is all about, not to mention Cat Muscle.

Have any of you guys tried Messiah? Looks pretty cool to me. Maybe Maxon could steal some features from it.

03 March 2005
The knee controller/IKRP solver should go in the foot so the rotation plane of the knee follows the pointing of the foot. Does CAT not allow something this elementary? I mean placing your constraints and goals inside the hierarchy so they are portable and the rig reacts automatically to other parts of the rigs motion.

Best
BT

03 March 2005
CAT doesn't allow any kind of rig controls. You have to select the bones directly. As far as the knee goes, you have to select the upper leg bone (what's that called again?) and adjust the swivel angle. For some reason I could never animate the swivel angle, but it was surely a bug or something. I've seen a lot of people on the CAT forums asking for different types of controls, so hopefully CAT 2 should have some kind of controls. From what I've read, CAT 2 should be out in the next month or two, as well as CAT muscle, a muscle simulation app.

03 March 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread