Problems since the new design

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2013
Problems since the new design

Hi,

Since the changeover to the new design I have a couple of issue I can't seem to work out. Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

-I have artwork that was in my gallery before that is no longer visible. I know they are still in my gallery because when I delete an image from my gallery ones that were not visible before show up and at the same time new ones go invisible. It's really hard to describe what's happening so I hope this makes sense. In the old format I could go "behind the scenes" and see what I had uploaded and change the order/visibility but now I don't seem to be able to do that. I know for sure I have two pieces not visible.

-Which leads me to problem #2. I can no longer change the order of the artwork in my gallery. Maybe you've "killed" that option but I really miss it. I like being able to determine where pieces appear relation to each other.

-The 3rd (and possibly related problem) I've been a paying cgsconnect member for years but the system no longer seems to recognize me. I've always been sent notices via email if it is about to expire so I'm not sure if I missed it but is it possible that's why I'm having issues? EDIT: I just paid to be a member again, I guess it expired and I didn't know it. It does not appear to make a difference with the gallery like it used to though

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Last edited by NumbRobot14 : 12 December 2013 at 08:24 PM.

12 December 2013
New issues...

So now I've been trying to delete old work and it won't let me delete old images in my portfolio. All of this is very frustrating... is there anyone that can help actually reading this thread?

01 January 2014
More of the same

I am very frustrated with the new design. Some notice and help with how our portfolios will now work would be much appreciated. I can not longer get into and see my complete portfolio. I can't edit my portfolio. My portfolio is not showing items in the correct order. They seem to just be floating around randomly. Any help with how we can manage our portfolios the way that we used to would be very much appreciated.

01 January 2014
WalArt

I got an email reply awhile ago saying that they were aware of people wanting to change the order in their portfolios and that they were "working" on adding this feature back in. I think they know there are some issues and they are working on them.

I myself ended up deleting my entire gallery and re-uploading my work to adjust the order and make a few tweaks. The problem of missing work still happens though... I always have two pieces that are not visible in my gallery and it's frustrating. Also, I realize this is a bad method because it creates a lot of threads in the 2D gallery forum... but unfortunately there is no longer an option to post to your gallery without creating a thread.

In any rate, hopefully all these things will get sorted out in time.

02 February 2014
Question

I wonder if there is a way to find the portfolios I follow in the new system? It was in "Manage portfolio" section before.

02 February 2014
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread