Development in the area of ​​computer graphics in Brazil?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Question Development in the area of ​​computer graphics in Brazil?

I am a student of Computer Science and really like the area of software development 3d and the whole area of computer graphics,* however in Brazil do not know if this area is promising, like an opinion from you about this area.

Worth it?
There are opportunities for it in Brazil?
(existed CG development companies in Brazil, a company like Autodesk)

08 August 2013
I see you signed up to ask this and haven't had a reply yet, so thought I'll give my point of view on this. I have no idea of the industry in Brazil, but I don't think this is a concern. Either it is a relatively new skill you can bring to your area, or you'll find out about others doing the same thing soon enough.

3D/Graphics software development is going to be a useful skill to have for the forseeable future. It's basicly the closest thing we've got to magic right now Very useful in many industries from entertainment to engineering.

As long as you can make something that people want and they can't make themselves, you should be fine because you have something to trade. Worth it? yes, if you are good at it.

Then.. on that note I also want to leave you with something cool. http://threejs.org/ . I've been spending time with in browser 3D dev. I think it is a new medium that is growing fast. You can imagine we'll see artwork you can move the camera around in soon. 3D web content and games.

08 August 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread