untrusted companies

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
untrusted companies

What would you guys do if you do work for a client on a freelance job and you get paid 60% and you finish the job and they don't pay you 40% and they say we are bankrupt after changing their words 5 times? just give me your idea because I am trying to get the money which a company owe me and in fact it is for a friend of mine because he helped me on a job!! we delivered the job on time and they were happy and their client payed them full and they supposed to pay us on time but now after 4 months...!!! just give me your idea and probably I will share more about this if I don't get paid. At least this way I can help other artist to know these kind of companies. Please share your opinion guys! Thanks a lot!

05 May 2013
Well, if they filed for bankruptcy then it could be very difficult to get the rest of your money. Otherwise I believe you have a legal claim to get the rest of the money that they can't avoid.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by darthviper107: Well, if they filed for bankruptcy then it could be very difficult to get the rest of your money. Otherwise I believe you have a legal claim to get the rest of the money that they can't avoid.

I have a contract with them for the money but I am not in Europe so I am not sure how I can sue them. I heard many companies are doing this with freelancers but for me is the first time and because my friend worked really hard for the money I want to get the money or reveal some info to aware the other artists about this company.

05 May 2013
I'm sure you still have some form of rights, otherwise a contract wouldn't matter at all. But you would need to seek legal counsel.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by darthviper107: I'm sure you still have some form of rights, otherwise a contract wouldn't matter at all. But you would need to seek legal counsel.

Thanks a lot man. I need to find out how I can follow up the contract and get the money. But I have contracts and emails and all the conversations which shows everything.

05 May 2013
I guess all you can do (in the future) is restrict final delivery until after final paid-in-full in your contracts. So you send proof of the job completion-but not the job itself until you are paid 100%.

Otherwise it costs you lots in legal fees to get money that doesn't exist anymore...and you still might not be able to get now. So is that expense (legal fees) for the 'hope' to get monies pending actually less than the monies pending?!...I'm guessing probably not...

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by circusboy: I guess all you can do (in the future) is restrict final delivery until after final paid-in-full in your contracts. So you send proof of the job completion-but not the job itself until you are paid 100%.

Otherwise it costs you lots in legal fees to get money that doesn't exist anymore...and you still might not be able to get now. So is that expense (legal fees) for the 'hope' to get monies pending actually less than the monies pending?!...I'm guessing probably not...

They should pay more than 4000 USD !! But I am guessing if they don't pay I will reveal the contracts and company name.

05 May 2013
Originally Posted by siamakcgm: They should pay more than 4000 USD !! But I am guessing if they don't pay I will reveal the contracts and company name.

Please, don't do that here. This is not the place.

Thread Closed share thread