Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Janet Taylor

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
Originally Posted by JamesMK: when it turns out that the pig was really a chicken.

OK score another one up.....git

Last edited by flyingP : 01 January 2005 at 09:09 PM. Reason: not telling :p

01 January 2005
The Kiwi (Actinidia Deliciosa) was exported, for the first time ever, from China to New Zeland in 1906. The commercial cultivation started on 1950 by botanist Hayward Wright in the Bay of Plenty (?).
On 1952 the first kiwis from New Zeland were imported to Great Britain and sold at Covent Garden. Then they spread all around the world.
So, kiwis people themselves adopted the kiwi in 1959, giving to it the name of their national (and in estinction, I would add) bird, that by-the-bye is a unique little bird who makes an enourmous egg 10 times greater than the bird itself. The male of this bird must continously bring ice to his wife, so to calm down her big big pain......not joking.

Hope this can help.

bye

ago-stino

p.s.

Artemisia66, congrats for your nice work.

01 January 2005
ha - just wanted to have a look at janets final image, but everywhere i look there are flying pigs, squibbits and jamesMK's around. oh - and hi agostino

ye - nice image janet

01 January 2005
Originally Posted by ago-stino: The Kiwi (Actinidia Deliciosa) was exported, for the first time ever, from China to New Zeland in 1906. The commercial cultivation started on 1950 by botanist Hayward Wright in the Bay of Plenty (?).
On 1952 the first kiwis from New Zeland were imported to Great Britain and sold at Covent Garden. Then they spread all around the world.
So, kiwis people themselves adopted the kiwi in 1959, giving to it the name of their national (and in estinction, I would add) bird, that by-the-bye is a unique little bird who makes an enourmous egg 10 times greater than the bird itself. The male of this bird must continously bring ice to his wife, so to calm down her big big pain......not joking.

Hope this can help.

Funny a lot of that was news to me too , if however by "(and in estinction, I would add)" you meant that the Kiwi is extinct then that really is news to me, in danger of would be closer I believe, and sadly it is not alone. Actually if I remember correctly they did find out a few years ago that not every Kiwi is a Kiwi but that one group of them was actually something else.....at least genetically not a Kiwi (and I won't be surprised if wabbits try and make a joke out of that one too).... actually I'll have to check up on that my self as I really am only speaking from vague memory. True though quite a unique little bird, although that can be said for a lot of NZ's bird life.....kinda miss NZ bird song too to be honest

01 January 2005
Hi, good pic, i love the ambient of your work, particulary the ambient color, i like the contrast between the cool of the machine and the humanize of the characters with the chid, very good work

01 January 2005
@ agostino: thank you. and thank you for the educational programming--very interesting.

@maximcapra and MDN67: thanks, glad you liked it. it was a blast to make.

Master and Servant Challenge

02 February 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread