C4DtoA render problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

04 April 2017
I think you mix up the alpha from c4d with the one from arnold. What you afe looking for is either the opacity or transmission aov that would give you appropriate masks for refractive shaded objects or opacity mapped shaders.

Ha, Luis thanks for the praise Although I must admit and hope there are many users and artists already that bypass my humble knowledge about c4dtoa. After all its a perfect example of userbased improvements on the development. I enjoy helping everybody achieving neo level though, as much as I can

04 April 2017
Originally Posted by uglykids: I think you mix up the alpha from c4d with the one from arnold. What you afe looking for is either the opacity or transmission aov that would give you appropriate masks for refractive shaded objects or opacity mapped shaders.

Ha, Luis thanks for the praise Although I must admit and hope there are many users and artists already that bypass my humble knowledge about c4dtoa. After all its a perfect example of userbased improvements on the development. I enjoy helping everybody achieving neo level though, as much as I can

Thank you for the info. I'm starting to grasp the whole thing now. But it still doesn't make sense that the render doesn't give you glass transparency values in the alpha (or opacity) by default. In the new uber shader the only thing that affects the alpha is the new Cutout Opacity under the Geometry menu. If you change the value from white to black the object will become transparent and all the shading goes with it. Now, I know that I can use that to mask out a the parts that i need but that also means that I need to send my render 2x to the render farm and that costs money. I must be missing something.

2 Weeks Ago
Hi,

Please make the 'camera' parameter to 0.(in your arnold lighting object)

reply share thread