Master and Servant 2D Entry: Clint Thorne

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 2D Entry: Clint Thorne

Clint Thorne has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: concept two final image

Well, here it is, final image! Like so many others, I wasnít sure Iíd get here.
Thank you, everyone, for all your support and encouragement.

I donít think too much of an explanation or description of whatís going on is appropriate. If Iíve done the image correctly, the story should be in the picture. But I thought, since everyone else has been doing it, Iíd make a couple of comments:
The relationship between master and servant is not always a negative one. There is great honor in many types of service, and an individual can become part of something larger than themselves by surrendering their lives to the needs of something greater. Often they find personal rewards they had never conceived of, through service, and the benefits to them seem to outweigh their efforts to serve.
I tried to convey that sort of heart felt participation and emotional commitment between my Deep-Dweller and her Leviathan. They are each otherís only companions, life long partners. Their contact with the surface world is infrequent and brief, only when she requires maintenance or repair on the technology that sustains her body against the harshness of open water.
*chuckle* Thatís already more than I intended to say, so Iíll wrap it up. This has been a great deal of fun. Good luck everybody!

Last edited by SavageCreature : 04 April 2005 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling error

04 April 2005
Talking

it looks nice, i like your penciled shadows. it ll look great!

04 April 2005
Talking

oy i suggest u put a signature of ur thread. this way i gotta search u through ur profile!

04 April 2005
Fantastic sketches so far! Have you thought of doing a less human eye for the octopus thing? I love the texture you have going on him. Keep it up .

04 April 2005
it's a good idea..nice sktech..maybe you should put a more animals or fantastik eye for octopus ...to create a drama feeling....i'll come back see colors and lights

Keep it up

04 April 2005
Sorry for the long period between updates. Work has been . . busy. We've been working six-day weeks for a while now, so I haven't had as much time to dedicated to this as I would have liked.

First, thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement. It really keeps me motivated to keep at it. Calisto, you've changed your avatar three times since this challenge started, and every time you do it freaks me out. : )

About the creature's eye; I intentionally made it very human looking because the only element of the image that I have to portray a relationship between the woman and the creature is the creature's eye. If I give it a completely alien, cold, monstrous eye it will entirely change the nature of how the woman and the creature feel about each other, I think. I want the relationship to be a voluntary one, maybe even an affectionate one, and I thought by giving the creature a more human-like eye it would appear to have more intelligence and feeling. I'm trying to create the contrast between a huge, hideous beast and a delicate, beautiful woman, but through their eyes create an emotional and intellectual bond between them

I've been working diligently with every spare minute and I'll have more work to display in the next day or so

c

04 April 2005
Thumbs up Great!

I like your drawing style. I know that you are not satisfy with the hand. and for most of us, it always a puzzle, just to get it right. I'm sure that you will get over it. =0)

Great job so far and i can't wait to see the final result...

04 April 2005
Sweet sketch! maybe add more emotion to the girls face? Anyway looking really good so far!

04 April 2005
What gorgeous pencil work Clint! How are you going to go about colouring?

05 May 2005
What the hell? how come there ain't more people posting on your thread? the pics are great! i acutally think i even have to subscribe to this one! oh btw, it looks good, but i think the left (viewers left) eye is a tad strange... ooh, have you thought about a background yet?

05 May 2005
ogar555, thank you for the supportive comments. I was starting to wonder if I had bad breath, myself. (I brush every day, honest!) Not many folks stoppin by. The background will probably be fairly simple since I wanted to focus on the characters and I'm also running out of time. That's the great thing about underwater scenes. Deep water is fairly plain.

George, good call on the back of the leg. It'll be more curvy in the next version.

ms@zx and gordonm, thanks for stopping by and the encouraging words. They are a great inspiration.

Updated image coming very soon.
c

05 May 2005
Very interesting work! Оч нра!!

05 May 2005
Ok ! Good color work

Your work has very much liked!
So to hold!
Successes!

11 November 2005
Talking

this looks so gentle and beautifull. i love the way it turned out.

Thread Closed share thread