Dominance War V - 2D -DerrickSong - God of War

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2011
Dominance War V - 2D -DerrickSong - God of War

hi all,

Here are my first concept of my god of war....i decide to work on god of war, which i think is quite challenge for me to create a god that is different from the video game god of war , Kratos.

More brainstorm idea will coming out soon...

03 March 2011
Nice concepts I like 3 and 4 very nice ideas, good luck.

03 March 2011
#4 looks great, big and floaty. Great sketches.

03 March 2011
Phoenix-06, AlexaSharlOt and BaronImpossible,

thanks for the selection, my next sketch will base on idea no. 3 and 4 to make delopment.

03 March 2011
update another sketch of idea, i included some point of the design :

-The god of war is holding an powerful weapon on left hand, it bring the conquer.
- Right hand is holding a protection shield of guard, it can protect the god from any other weapons attack.
- The god is standing on a floating stage, which is the god transport base, it can help to defense in the war.
- Added some arrow as extra weapon on the back, the god is skillful in fighting, so i decide to make the god use different type of melee attack weapons,( i m not sure what other weapons need to add on...)

03 March 2011
Very good work

www.heavybrush.com

03 March 2011
Sk8erWolf, thanks!

here is my another update...

03 March 2011
I must say that the last one its really great the pose is very nice and powerful looking I would consider it to make something similar in illustration if I would be in you place.

03 March 2011
The last concept is awesome!

03 March 2011
The pose on the latest sketch is fantastic, very heroic and strong

03 March 2011
AlexaSharlOt, thank you very much, i still need to work on the concept of my god, will keep posting the progress!

Zellvan and Phoenix-06, thanks alot, glad that you guys like it.

i still not satisfield with my current idea....anyway i make some minor changes on the previews concept, here is the update...

03 March 2011
very very cool concept!
Heroic and amazing!

03 March 2011
Wow your work is simply superb. From the initial concept I would go for 3 and 4 like everyone. Your last 2 concepts look epic. Makes me glad that you are competing in the 2D category as your work is that good Try to make a sketch for nr4 as the octopus-like warrior concept looks a bit better both idea and composition wise if you made it centric. Good luck and keep on creating some wicked art!

03 March 2011
The last two concepts look really cool, like the way the character is posed. Strong and solid.
Good luck with the challenge

Thread Closed share thread