Momonga knight fan art - overlord (critic need/welcome)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

04 April 2018
Momonga knight fan art - overlord (critic need/welcome)

Hi guys I've been trying to work on my character design a bit more and getting back into modelling ( I've taken a massive break after I got my first artist job).
It's been really difficult making him so far and I'm not feeling the love I have for my other characters (which is weird because I love part of his designs in the show) I really want to finish him so I can move onto the texturing stages, I wanted to go for a hand painted style. I have a weird fear of not being unique enough so I tend to change parts of concepts and try and add my own take to it, it might be because I studied as a concept artist where your always trying to be the next best idea. It just means I tend to not work from concepts a lot (D: whyyyy, I know I should).
If you've got any feedback or advice for me about him I'd love to hear it and I'd be super grateful.
Thanks.

refs for anyone who doesn't know who Momonga isalso a really rubbish sketch to help my ideas flow

A quick draw over I did after getting the base shapes in so I could refine them and help with more of my idea generation.

The current stage am at.

reply share thread