CGTalk > WIP > WIP/Critique: 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 07-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Croko

portfolio
Blue Yeti
Warszawa, Poland

Croko: The Beginning of a Great Adventure (3d game android/iOS)

Hi,

We are a young team who is creating their first game for children on Unity engine. The graphics as well as the whole idea of the game are designed with children’s sensibility and the aesthetics of their world in mind. That is why there will be plenty of lovable characters, beautiful graphics and quiet amusement, which will develop their sensibility.
Intro, enviro and the characters we present have all been created on Blender and Cycles Render Engine.

Soon we will present you a working demo version of our game on Indiegogo.

Promo Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEyUTzpxN-0;hd=1

Character assets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc4NKdx4uaI;hd=1

www.crokomobile.com

You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Google +

Blue Yeti
Team

Old 07-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
Deadguy71
portfolio
USA

First, let me say I like the apparent quality of the work. however, I hope you don't mind if I offer an opinion on the character appearance that you might find useful.

The eyes on all of those characters all appear to me to be "zoning out,"stunned, or afraid. It might be the lack of eyebrows, or the size of the iris/pupil, or the amount of white in the eyes, or a combination of all of these. I can't pin it down. The mouse/rat one especially looks as though it's been hypnotized.

If I had to guess, it's the amount of white in the eyes which is creating that effect, perhaps increasing the iris/pupil size would make them look calmer, warmer, and younger.

They don't blink at all in the video, which, added to the gaze, gave a bit of an unsettling feel to it.

I guess the eyes may be appropriate if the intent is to show that they are absolutely terrified of the obstacles they are facing, and are all nervously waiting for something to go wrong at all times, but I suspect that this would have more "power" to it if that was a state they went into during a damage/injury/death scene, or at the introduction to a challenge, rather than their constant state.

Again, I like what you've got here, but softening the eyes a bit, perhaps even adding playfulness to the eyes, might make the game more visually appealing to a younger audience.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread