WIP: KREOLA - Sue Jang

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2013   #16
Hi Sue,

Congratulation on making it into the top 11. Well done, and good luck.

Best
James

Hi James,
Thank you and Congratulations to you too. (though yours was less of a surprise!)
Couldn't wake up in the morning, had to wait in long line at the post office, trains delayed.. but this def. made my day! Honestly didn't expect to come this far with my entry and Thanks to all the judges..!

Best,

Old 11 November 2013   #17
The Judge Dredd take on the brief !!

Originally Posted by XSIEN:

Since I won't be able to work on this piece tomorrow, here I share my finished version.
I must say I was intrigued and impressed by other contestants on this challenge on how they were able to come up with different creative possibilities with the given plate. Since the amount of time I could spend on the project was limited, sharing numerous concept designs on the forum was something I couldn't to do.
I decided to focus on set extension and keeping the original plate as much as possible while trying to add some steam punk element. Really wished that I had more time to explore on this! Nonetheless, I definitely learned a lot by working on my piece as well as following how other artists tackle their project.
Thanks to all the judges for making this fun challenge possible.

Good luck to all the awesome artists from all over the world and cheers!

Yay!! Nicely done, Sue Great steam pipes

Old 11 November 2013   #18
Cool! Great steampipes. I really like a lot of the lighting.
Strong piece.

The perspective on the element in the distant background is bugging me a lot.... might be something you could be interested in building some simplistic 3D geometry for.
Either that or it's something in the foreground that's throwing it out of wack a bit. Something to do with its over-all angle maybe.

Old 11 November 2013   #19
Yay!! Nicely done, Sue Great steam pipes

Thanks Seema!

Cool! Great steampipes. I really like a lot of the lighting.
Strong piece.

The perspective on the element in the distant background is bugging me a lot.... might be something you could be interested in building some simplistic 3D geometry for.
Either that or it's something in the foreground that's throwing it out of wack a bit. Something to do with its over-all angle maybe.

Hi Ken,
Thanks for your kind comment.
I suppose you are right about the perspective difference on the background element as the foreground set is based on lens distortion from 3D camera lens. Either building 3d element like you said or introducing some type of lens distortion to the background element could help.
Thanks for pointing that out!

EDIT*
Made some adjustment to the background element. and tiny bit of color grading...
it's subtle but here it is...

Last edited by XSIEN : 11 November 2013 at 02:25 AM.

Old 11 November 2013   #20
Sue Jang

Dear Sue,

Congratulations on a very different take for your entry! It has a very nice flair and you have done a great job majorly self-directing it!
Thank you for keeping yourself motivated and being a fun competitor. We'll make sure to scramble up some feedback for you asap and hope to see you more frequently on the forum from now on.

All the Best to you.
Milan

Originally Posted by XSIEN: Thanks Seema!

Hi Ken,
Thanks for your kind comment.
I suppose you are right about the perspective difference on the background element as the foreground set is based on lens distortion from 3D camera lens. Either building 3d element like you said or introducing some type of lens distortion to the background element could help.
Thanks for pointing that out!

EDIT*
Made some adjustment to the background element. and tiny bit of color grading...
it's subtle but here it is...

Old 11 November 2013   #21
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread