NInja UV

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #16
bk3d,

my motherboard died 2 days ago... With this new one, with the same windows install, everything works fine on startup. I am so sorry if my faulty hardware caused you unneeded extra work!!

Old 01 January 2013   #17
Originally Posted by RickToxik: bk3d,

my motherboard died 2 days ago... With this new one, with the same windows install, everything works fine on startup. I am so sorry if my faulty hardware caused you unneeded extra work!!

Well im glad its Not the Software .

Old 02 February 2013   #18
wow it's so weird.. I haven't report it, but it's been doing the same bug a few days after I changed my motherboard.

I have narrowed what the problem may be. It tells me that "there is no drive in drive d: Please insert a disc in drive d:"

So in simple: when the ninja is set to autoload with my usersetup.mel, it makes that error when... I have no disk in my dvd drive. When I have a disk, no error message (that's why I thought it was fine after changing my motherboard).

p.s. I do not have this error when Ninja is not loaded in maya.

Old 02 February 2013   #19
This looks like a well spent 80$

Old 02 February 2013   #20
Actually, I just bought it, but when I run the mel script I get this error:

fopen: unable to open file "/Users/jeangodecoster/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/NinjaDojo/NinjaDojo.ini" for mode "r". //

there's no NinjaDojo.ini file in the package I downloaded

Old 02 February 2013   #21
Originally Posted by jeango: Actually, I just bought it, but when I run the mel script I get this error:

fopen: unable to open file "/Users/jeangodecoster/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/NinjaDojo/NinjaDojo.ini" for mode "r". //

there's no NinjaDojo.ini file in the package I downloaded

you might get this the first time you run the script. Are you still getting that error still?

Old 02 February 2013   #22
Originally Posted by RickToxik: wow it's so weird.. I haven't report it, but it's been doing the same bug a few days after I changed my motherboard.

I have narrowed what the problem may be. It tells me that "there is no drive in drive d: Please insert a disc in drive d:"

So in simple: when the ninja is set to autoload with my usersetup.mel, it makes that error when... I have no disk in my dvd drive. When I have a disk, no error message (that's why I thought it was fine after changing my motherboard).

p.s. I do not have this error when Ninja is not loaded in maya.

I guess i would suggest you don't have it autoload when maya loads. I'll try to reproduce this and see if i can find out why this is happening.. I have noticed maya isnt that good when you autoload UI elements in the usersetup.mel. I dont know if you have installed the ninja shelf.. but in the help menu there is an option to install the ninja shelf. This will create a launch button for you in a new shelf.

Old 02 February 2013   #23
No problem. Hey Ninja works perfect apart that, just have to click cancel twice when I open maya, no big deal. It's just that I know how fond you are about Ninja tools, how you work hard to get it perfect every time and I use them all the time. So not complaining! Just harrassing.

Old 02 February 2013   #24
Originally Posted by bk3d: you might get this the first time you run the script. Are you still getting that error still?

Yeah It also didn't work because I didn't put in in my root folder... not sure why that was a problem though, but I put it directly under my HD and it worked fine.

However now I'm trying to do a Ninja Map (as per the video on your website) and I keep getting this error:

// Error: file: /Ninja_Dojo/Ninja_UV.mel line 4802: No object matches name: .projectionCenterX

Old 02 February 2013   #25
...just asking, have you edited your userSetup.mel to point out to the right Ninja folder?

if not, look in the Ninja subfolder of the downloaded .zip, in the folder "temp", there is a file named usersetup.mel. You have to add those lines to your own usersetup.mel contained in the user maya folder, where your scripts are. These are the lines you have to change and add:

//Save this in your \Users\Document\maya\MayaVersion\scripts\userSetup .mel
// Change the source path to where the Ninja_Dojo.mel lives
// Change the Directory to where Ninja Dojo lives
source "C:/Ninja_Dojo/Ninja_Dojo.mel";
Ninja_Dojo("C:/Ninja_Dojo/");

Old 02 February 2013   #26
Originally Posted by jeango: Yeah It also didn't work because I didn't put in in my root folder... not sure why that was a problem though, but I put it directly under my HD and it worked fine.

However now I'm trying to do a Ninja Map (as per the video on your website) and I keep getting this error:

// Error: file: /Ninja_Dojo/Ninja_UV.mel line 4802: No object matches name: .projectionCenterX

make sure you have your history turned on and make sure you only have poly meshes selected.
I can't reproduce the error but i am trying very hard to repro it.

Old 02 February 2013   #27
Originally Posted by bk3d: make sure you have your history turned on and make sure you only have poly meshes selected.
I can't reproduce the error but i am trying very hard to repro it.

Yeah I only work with polys. Can't get a grasp of NURBS yet

I'm not at home right now, so I can't verify, but I'm pretty sure history is turned on. However I think I deleted history from my object. I also froze tranformations, and my mesh is bound to a skeleton.

Do you mean to say that the tool can't work if I delete history?

Old 02 February 2013   #28
Originally Posted by jeango: Yeah I only work with polys. Can't get a grasp of NURBS yet

I'm not at home right now, so I can't verify, but I'm pretty sure history is turned on. However I think I deleted history from my object. I also froze tranformations, and my mesh is bound to a skeleton.

Do you mean to say that the tool can't work if I delete history?

no it will work if you delete history.. if history is turned off it might not work.. some of the functions looks at at history on an object. maybe because you have it skinned?

Old 02 February 2013   #29
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread