boolean ( A union B) many spheres into a single object easily

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 6 Days Ago   #1
boolean ( A union B) many spheres into a single object easily

sounds simple - but is there a way to union a bunch of overlapping spheres into a single (clean) object, without having to use endless boolean objects (can only include 2 spheres at a time).
Kind of like how the spline mask is now able to subtract many splines (B) from the first one (A), within the same single spline mask (wasn't able to do that in the first release of spline mask).

I have about 20-30 (n) spheres that I want to union, and I find that I need n-1 boolean objects to make it work. I need to be able to slice through all these union spheres and have a continuous inside surface (not overlapping spheres inside, like if you just merged them together).

Is there an easy way?

Old 6 Days Ago   #2
A Metaball Object might be a good way to combine all of them, or if you need clean intersections CV-Boole Tools(included with Cineversity Premium, available free to MSA customers) will at least save you the work of manually creating the booleans.

Old 6 Days Ago   #3
NitroMan's MagicMerge plugin seems like it would also work.

Old 6 Days Ago   #4
Originally Posted by Donovan Keith: NitroMan's MagicMerge plugin seems like it would also work.
WOW. THIS^^

reply share thread