Guruware owner takes Ivy Grow down.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  10 October 2017
He doesn't even say he doesn't care about the money in the post, he just says not to donate out of pity. The lack of donations was written as one of the reasons he's taking it down.
__________________
The Z-Axis
 
  10 October 2017
Originally Posted by darthviper107: He doesn't even say he doesn't care about the money in the post, he just says not to donate out of pity. The lack of donations was written as one of the reasons he's taking it down.
He didn't say that was the reason.
He is just saying he has been developing the plugin for 10YEARSeven with very little appreciation from users.
If the money was the problem, why would he keep doing for 10years?
 
  10 October 2017
Originally Posted by gandhics: RIGHT - he got pissed off because someone insulted him

If that was true. Then he's taking out the actions of ONE person on apparently a LOT of people.

Originally Posted by gandhics: WRONG - he got pissed off because not enough people donated

Oh grow up. You can clearly see he is mentioning money. If he "told" you it wasn't about the money he is lying to himself. He mentions money several times in the post.

I mean, I don't know if you have some kind of disorder where you can't determine emotions correctly, but It's clear as day this was about money.

IIf it isn't - it would imply that he is so emotionally fragile, that he will turn his back on all the reasons he created the plugin in the first place, because ONE random asshole on the internet insulted him? That's idiotic.
It could have even been a mistake or a typo.

I'm sorry, but if you're that thin skinned that you can't take an insult from a random internet user, and you collectively take it out on everyone else - then you need to speak with someone. Because that's just immature.
__________________
www.jd3d.co.uk - I'm available for freelance work.
 
  10 October 2017
Originally Posted by mynewcat: If that was true. Then he's taking out the actions of ONE person on apparently a LOT of people.


Oh grow up. You can clearly see he is mentioning money. If he "told" you it wasn't about the money he is lying to himself. He mentions money several times in the post.

I mean, I don't know if you have some kind of disorder where you can't determine emotions correctly, but It's clear as day this was about money.

IIf it isn't - it would imply that he is so emotionally fragile, that he will turn his back on all the reasons he created the plugin in the first place, because ONE random asshole on the internet insulted him? That's idiotic.
It could have even been a mistake or a typo.

I'm sorry, but if you're that thin skinned that you can't take an insult from a random internet user, and you collectively take it out on everyone else - then you need to speak with someone. Because that's just immature.
Justin, in not being able to admit that you are wrong, you automatically project this trait on to others. For if you cannot possibly be wrong, in your head, it must be those that disagree with you. Knowing that you are wrong is not always obvious, but you won't even consider it for a second. You're like a machine-gun rattling-off your own agenda and won't listen/ hang around for the counter-argument.
"You can clearly see he is mentioning money" You have a funny definition of the word "Clearly", for if the post is read verbatim, it isn't about the financialaspect. Just because you are struggling financially,or are shallow and materialistic, doesn't mean that others are the same. He is a talented programmer, which means it is highly likely that he has financial-security for food and housing and beyond that, money is kind of meaningless. I think it wrong to try and distort what is written to try and fit your own thoughts regarding money. If it was about the money, in year 1,2,3,4 etc he could have made a post about how, if no donations were made in the future, he would have to take it offline because it was costing him more to merely host it than he was receiving in donations. This he did not do and I think it arrogant and stupid to presume to know anything more than what was written.
 
  10 October 2017
If you catch someone stealing from you it doesn't really change anything if they pay you back after being caught.

You can like CGI and work on interesting-projects for free/below the going-rate, but the minute you're taken for granted, "Treated like a bitch", you're out of there.

It is more about his time not being appreciated than the monetary-value. The money matters only from the point of view that the amount is so low that his contributions are perceived to not be appreciated. It is not about making a profit.

He was doing you a favour in the first place, he has no obligation to do anything! You go without! Deal with it! Rallying around for donations doesn't solve the problem. It will happen again and again.
 
  10 October 2017
Originally Posted by SD3D: "You can clearly see he is mentioning money" You have a funny definition of the word "Clearly", for if the post is read verbatim, it isn't about the financialaspect.

OK, lets do this:

Originally Posted by g: This is not a rant, more a clarification:
I was in the process to upload an updated ivy...
out of the blue i received a donation-notification
0.01 Euros <-- a joke?, it wasn't the first one, but... it's the last one
this translates to me as: "fuck off with that useless bullshit"


Mentions money. Talks about the donation process and how insulted he is to receive such a small sum of money.

So he was just about to upload the latest version, and then one person offended him by offerign a small sum of money.

If mean, I wouldn't even say I was reading between the lines,. He mentions money.

Originally Posted by g: so i decided not to update it, and removed the current one also, the web is full with BS

The web is full with BS. Indeed. Doesn't mention money, but it's a rant. Taking a plugin down because one random insulted you? Then railing on the net for being "bs" - i mean, I don;'t know if we need to get a legal definition of what a "rant" is, but in my opinion - this is a rant. It isn't not a rant.


Originally Posted by g: you can share the zip-file on any site or torrents or whatever, you can also delete it
there are lots of tutorials on the web, somewhere it was rated as one of the 10 "must-have"-plugins,
google for "guruware ivy" - after 10 pages i stopped clicking "next"
must be useless then

This isn't directly about money - but it sets up the context. I know context is something you have trouble with Simon so I will explain it to you.

Context, in this case, is making reference to one subject, while considering another. So therefore, the following line:

Originally Posted by g: downloaded more than 35.000 times, 17.000 connections per month
the sum of donations in 8 years didnt even cover the domain-cost, which i only have for... you?

He mentions how popular the plugin is, and how, strangely enough the sum of donations (ie money) didn't cover the domain cost (ie money)

I mean, both of those things are about money aren't they? or are they not?


Originally Posted by g: and please dont start donating now out of pity, dont need that either
also dont need a beer, i'm not drinking alcohol

Donating, well donating is money isn't it. So again, he mentions money. And funnily enough, the donations icon is a beer glass - suggesting he wants beer money. Except he's NOT DRINKING so, I guess, that refers to money again.

so he has mentioned money SEVERAL TIMES - bot directly and indirectly.

I mean, what else do you need?

Originally Posted by g: remember: this is not a rant, maybe it sounds like, but i can assure you
actuially having fun writing this
And as for the question of whether it's a rant or not - I mean, fuck, the guy admits that it looks like one.



Originally Posted by g: "keeping up the good work", and play with toys i don't share anymore, at least not for free

Oh GOD HE MENTIONS MONEY AGAIN!

Originally Posted by g: thanks to all who have donated more than 0.01 - the "you?" above is not for you
AND AGAIN

How many times?


Originally Posted by sperger: He was doing you a favour in the first place, he has no obligation to do anything! You go without! Deal with it! Rallying around for donations
doesn't solve the problem. It will happen again and again.
When did I say he had an obligation to do anything?

I don't need to go without I ALREADY HAVE THE PLUGIN!

I was rallying around for his benefit, not mine.

I'm sorry mate, but as long as I've know you you have been one of the most emotionally warped and damaged people I know. This is just the icing on the cake, to somehow attack me for shining a light on the subject - and when I said I already sympathise with him in the first post.

I do sympathise with him, and I know it's his choice - I'm a grown adult, not teenage you having an argument with your dad - but I will also call a spade a spade.

The guy is fucked off, insulted and irritated, and it's about money, as much as it's about insult. But the bottom line is - now YOU and all the kids out there cannot download this because of some asshole donating a small amount of money.

Here's a little pro tip for you: sometimes people say things about their emotional state that are not true. People pretend not to be angry when they are, they cover up when they are crying or hurt etc because they do not want to seem vulnerable. I don't see how you have made it this far in life without knowing that.
__________________
www.jd3d.co.uk - I'm available for freelance work.
 
  10 October 2017
Justin, again, you're either not listening, or immediately disregarding something without giving it consideration, which pretty-much amounts to the same thing. It is possible to interpret lots of things multiple ways. How are you so sure that the way you interpret something is the correct way? Or can you interpret things only one way? If it was purely about money, surely he'd have never given it away for free in the first place!?

Let us try and follow your "Logic". Let's say that you are successful in banding-together some donations. How much would be required to allow him to make a PROFIT!? For this is no longer a labour of love, the community to which he gave so generously has screwed him over. Even if you were successful, what stops this from recurring?
People didn't give in the first place, but they are bound to when Justin tells them to!? If you entertain the post from your perspective, it makes no sense! Guilt-tripping people that had no guilt about using his plugin commercially for free without the guarantee of its re-emergence? Come on!

The way I and others interpret the post is that he can't be bothered anymore and its a big "Fuck off" to the people that took advantage of his generosity.
 
  10 October 2017
Yes he is pissed off, but is it because:

He couldn't afford that ostentatious sports-car he had is eye on?
Or
He got fed up with the lack of thanks and the amount of piss-taking-behaviour from people he was trying to help at personal-cost?

Justin, "Its about the money!"
 
  10 October 2017
It's not "either or" you cretin.

He can be insulted AND, the issue he is insulted about IS MONEY.

Just go back and read my posts, especially the first one - because your thick headedness is irritating, and unlike you, I have work to do.
__________________
www.jd3d.co.uk - I'm available for freelance work.
 
  10 October 2017
Originally Posted by mynewcat: It's not "either or" you cretin.

He can be insulted AND, the issue he is insulted about IS MONEY.

Just go back and read my posts, especially the first one - because your thick headedness is irritating, and unlike you, I have work to do.
It's not about the money anymore and money after the fact doesn't change the initial situation! The citations of 0.01 Euros are illustrations of piss-taking behaviour. Money and appreciation BEFOREHAND would have meant something, but not afterwards. Beforehand, money and appreciation would have been the same thing.
 
  10 October 2017
Guys, chill... there is no way to know the exact reasons.

Maybe it was a bout the money, maybe it was about the lack of appreciation, maybe its because of the position of the stars...

You can keep arguing about it until the end of time, but does it really matter that much? Arguing about the reason is not going to change anything.
 
  10 October 2017
Appreciation, thanks etc being shown in the form of money. In this instance, money mattered to an extent but he would have probably continued development even though his time was worth more. However, the extreme lack of money combined with piss-taking amounts put a stop to that. Money received after the post would be pity money. Something he says he doesn't want! Also, even pity-money wouldn't come from those most guilty of the initial exploitation.
 
  10 October 2017
if I may, sure...banter among ourselves...call each other some colorful names even...but I think it's rude
to over-psychoanalyse someone's character by simply latching onto a few words he posted online.

If I was FORCED to over-psychoanalyse someone, I would look at his actions over a period of time, not
a few words he spat out on the internet (maybe in one moment of madness ?)

But no, I won't TELL you what to do...cos it's rude...so...carry on, if you wish to.

(my sig doesn't say SELF APPOINTED PSYCHOANALYST EXPERT....and will never claim to be one)
 
reply share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.