Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

09 September 2016
Originally Posted by Vonre:

hey i'm new i wish to join this forum please guide me through
how to make the picture appears?

Click the QUOTE button on a post with images to see the formatting you need to use.

09 September 2016
thanks!

hey man! thank you!

11 November 2016
Matinee WIP - Martin Maravattickal

Matinee - Martin Maravattickal

It feels good to participate in this after many years. I started doing 'Matinee' and would like to get notes from Jeremy.

Thanks
Martin

01 January 2017
Textures

Hey guys I'm new here and recently finished some courses at TDU, I was wanting to start with one the challenges but the ones I downloaded don't have any texture in them, is it normal or am I downloading the wrong ones? Or perhaps each of us should texture them?
If it's not too much trouble anybody could point me to those scenes that do have texture in them, I'm working in Maya btw.
Sorry if this was already answer somwhere and thanks again these forums rock!
Adrian

01 January 2017
@adrianeraldo

Hello and welcome!

For the most part most of these scenes are not textured. For the most part Material and texture creation are great things to get into when learning how to light. If you look around especially at some of the more recent challenges the textures are supplied but for the most part you are on your own for creativity. Clint's challenge has some amazing textures by the way

09 September 2017
A little playtime with the bedroom scene.

3ds max + Vray.

3 Weeks Ago
After a few years I re-textured and re lit the old challenges... I have not uploaded the old ones anywhere though.. Looking forward to valuable feedback...
Softwares : Maya, Arnold, Substance Painter, Nuke

3 Weeks Ago
Another one..

3 Weeks Ago
One more..

3 Weeks Ago
In order to max the feedback on the challenge, the old thread will be again closed and this will be back again the thread where you can post your work about past challenges.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by jojo1975: In order to max the feedback on the challenge, the old thread will be again closed and this will be back again the thread where you can post your work about past challenges.

That's unfortunate; unlike the Pixar lighting challenges, there doesn't appear to be finalists at the end of a CGTalk lighting challenge and members may be working on past challenges for themselves ... and it makes it easier to have all of the information on a single challenge as opposed to being mixed amongst others in a single thread.

At the moment, posts in older challenges (ex: stalsberg) get bumped up as recent entries get added.This makes it easier to look at past posts in the thread that are specific to the challenge. This thread should be closed and/or the posts in the thread copied/moved to the respective challenge threads... JMHO.

Cheers,

Last edited by hgagne : 2 Weeks Ago at 11:53 AM.

2 Weeks Ago
After levaing the thread open for a while, I've decided to revive this thread for the following reason
1) When people post in the old threads there is less interested and feedback.
2) Gathering all the past challenges in one thread can help in increasing the feedback also from other users that are actually work on a different challenge.
So in this way there are only 4 thread unlocked and for people should be easier to take part to the forum.
But I will be glad to hear suggestions about this in the general discussion threadhttp://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=185&t=634553.

Giorgio

reply share thread