Quiet Neighborhood, A3imaging (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2003
Nice... but could we get to see the Brazil render as well..? And maybe a head to head between the two renderers settings. Sound a bit weird with that much of a difference... but maybe that´s just me..?

01 January 2003
Vray Rendertime: 5 mins 20 sec

No way !!!

Oh yeah top image but with some texture issues as mentioned by other peeps...

Website
Life in Black and White

01 January 2003
Many thanks for all the kind comments and the CG Talk award. Am working on roof & brick texture as we speak! Will post an update this weekend along with a Brazil render and render times for those that are interested.

Thanks again!

-Charles T.P.
http://www.a3imaging.com

01 January 2003
Here is the comparison between renderers for those that asked. Tried to set them up as similarly as possible. Rand was checked for Vray render. Still working on the dag roof too...

Picture #1: Brazil 2hrs 34 Mins (Caustics off -no secondary lighting)
Picture #2: Vray 9mins 02 secs (Fixed Rate: 2 subdivs no secondary, rand checked.)

Picture 1 - Brazil

Picture 2 - Vray

01 January 2003
Talking YEOWZERS!

NIOCE PIXLES!

Love the rendering... Great work

~Lawrence

02 February 2003
Cool test, the vray render looks way better and is much faster than brazil.

02 February 2003
Looks excellent. I agree with what was said before, the main giveaway is the roof. I think the main texture definately needs altering, but you know that already. I would also change the edges of the roof so that they weren't so flat and flush. Maybe make the tiling at the edge a bit more ragged.

Still, really nice work though.

02 February 2003
could you please post the BRAZIL version also?
if u have the time///
so am I

http://pwp.roltanet.com/uday_kadkade/default.htm

02 February 2003
never mind.
so am I

http://pwp.roltanet.com/uday_kadkade/default.htm

04 April 2004
goddamnit, gimme vray, i'm stuck with Mentalray.

stop the jesus machine!

04 April 2004
One thing that has always bugged me about Max is the trees always look chunky. Other than that, those are some MIGHTY big aloe vera plants!

The shot looks good.

Mesh Warping in Shake Macro
The Sandbox - all CG short film from 2005

08 August 2004
i enjoyed this image very much. here are a few things i thought could use some tweeking. the reflection in the window on the back house is a little uniform try to boost the contrast a little.
the focas is a little wierd im having trouble finding where the main point of focas is. maybe the back house should be a little more out of focas or the front rail, right now it looks as though just the road middle right side is out of focas.
the grass between the cracks is a really great addition. one that i would never have thought of. i dont know how i feel about the autom leaves though, i would think more plants would be turning brown if the leaves on the trees where that color. and the leaves are a little to uniform turned not all the leaves on trees turn at the same time.
all in all this is a wonderful picture i like how different it is from everything else ive seen. nope no castels here.i enjoyed this image very much. here are a few things i thought could use some tweaking. the reflection in the window on the back house is a little uniform try to boost the contrast a little.
the focus is a little weird im having trouble finding where the main point of focus is. maybe the back house should be a little more out of focus or the front rail, right now it looks as though just the road middle right side is out of focus.
the grass between the cracks is a really great addition. one that i would never have thought of. i dont know how i feel about the autumn leaves though, i would think more plants would be turning brown if the leaves on the trees where that color. and the leaves are a little to uniform turned not all the leaves on trees turn at the same time.
all in all this is a wonderful picture i like how different it is from everything else ive seen. nope no castles here.

08 August 2004
Looks like aussie summer sunlight, nice n bright.

Very good work and amazing photorealistic look

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread