Michael5188
another mime

portfolio
Michael Sime
animator/rigger
NYC, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artbot
Whoever added the clickable wheel should be punished by having every single button in his or her world converted to a clickable wheel button.

Interesting, I've never had trouble clicking a scroll wheel on my mice, or really heard anyone complain about it before... maybe I've just been lucky with mice that have good mouse wheel clickers.

One key element is the mouse wheel has to scroll with ticks, not be a smooth scroll. If it's a smooth scroll then yes, it will scroll when you try to click.

www.MichaelSime.com

Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #47
Artbot
Mostly Harmless

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Richard Green
The Man Who Sold the World
USA

I've always had mice with the scroll wheel with ticks. It's just that I have to completely stop what I'm doing and carefully apply pressure to just the right spot on the wheel. I work mainly in Max, which has the view-rotate command on the center mb (actually alt+cmb) and having to slow down to carefully click it about a hundred+ times an hour would be unacceptable.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #48
WyattHarris
Daddy x 4

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Wyatt Harris
WyattHarris.com
Baton Rouge, USA

I can click the MMB I just don't like it. I don't know about you guys but I've always had a gorilla grip on everything. As a kid my pencil strokes would go through the paper before long so it was inevitable I would do the same with a mouse. Not using MMB very often when I do need to use it for something I tend to mash it way to hard and it slips.

Like I said, I just don't like it but I can use it.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #49
manuqc
explorador

portfolio
Manuel Huertas Marchena
Lighting & Lookdev TD
Double Negative
Vancouver, Canada

3ds 2009... 64bit, strong and not cluttered

Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #50
moogaloonie
Expert
portfolio
Casey R Williams
Lansignum Studios
Morgantown, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustique
Thousands of presets of photoreal, animation ready 100 million poly humans / animals / buildings and environments / effects that animate and interact and render in realtime according to the story script or just by yelling "action!".

I played through a couple of vintage documentary/promo videos about the early days of CG on youtube yesterday. Pixars early days, softimage promos etc... I think if we give it another 30 years, we will get something along the lines of the paragraph above .

Isn't that what iClone/Poser/Daz would eventually become given ongoing development? I'll admit I got into Poser because I didn't want to take the time to model figures. I just wanted ready made people do place alongside my mechanical designs for a sense of scale/atmosphere. But then I quickly discovered the bias against using pre-made assets and Poser in general. Problem is it is very hard for one person to create something on a large scale, such as a bustling city environment or sprawling battlefield. Hopefully procedural tools will sidestep the current stigma against using such pre-fab objects.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #51
Bullit
Lord of the posts

Quote:
Thousands of presets of photoreal, animation ready 100 million poly humans / animals / buildings and environments

Well you have Softimage CrowdFX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WjP2N7KkSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z1euBaloWQ

Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #52
Marsel Khadiyev
Coffee-to-Code Converter

Marsel Khadiyev
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by soryn
MAX2AE works fine, I think that is actually the best solution to integrate the two.
but I also think it should be deeply integrated in main software, the new interoperability from MAX2013 gives some bright perspective with the new "compositor-link", unfortunately it doesn't work that good every time.

both Autodesk and Adobe should take this to the next step

soryn,

Can you please email me at marsel.khadiyev (at) autodesk.com ?

Thank you

Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #53
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread