About CGPortfolio Mini-Challenges

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 12 December 2013   #1
About CGPortfolio Mini-Challenges

Hi all,

Starting November 2013 and moving forward into 2014, we'll be running monthly CGPortfolio upload mini-challenges based around specific styles and themes.

All you need to do is watch for the new theme to be announced each month, then upload work to your CGPortfolio and tag/categorise your work as outlined in the relevant thread. That's it - that's all you need to do.

Prizes will be small because we want to run these challenges often - Ballistic Books, DVDs, Connect Memberships, CGTODs and CGWorkshops. Judges will be selected on the basis of their experience within their genre, and they will choose the winning work or works (a little bit like the Editor's Choice Gallery)

As well as winning a small prize, the winning entrie(s) each month will have their CGPortfolio highlighted via our social media and our newsletter. There will be a thread in this forum for each challenge where you can ask questions, but there is no need to post WIPS. You can post links through to your CGPortfolio if you like, but you don't need to - we'll run a search on the challenge theme at the end of each challenge.

Please note that in all challenges the judges have full authority to select winners at their discretion, their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.

Happy uploading! There are threads below for each challenge.

Old 04 April 2014   #2
Great idea

Unfortunately I just missed the Game Of Thrones deadlines.. Will the next topic alway be posted on the first of every new month? I haven't been here in a while, is there an automatic update/notification option somewhere that I will receive an email of a new mini-challenge?

Thanks!

Old 04 April 2014   #3
Hey Ronald - it is indeed a good idea. I'm not sure if that's possible, but I'll check!

reply share thread