Most Annoying feature in max 2012, triangles. help please

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
[Solved] Problem with Showing triangles in 3Ds Max

Originally Posted by pokoy: Regardless of your graphics card, 3ds max can use different graphics systems. The one that's used by default is Nitrous and is what causes 4-sided polygons to be displayed that way, at least I remember there were many people complaining back then.

I'm quite confident the following will solve the issue, go to the menu, choose:
Customize > Preferences > Viewports > Choose Driver > Direct3D > OK > restart max

It hopefully works like expected then.

It's funny that most people forgot about this issue as it was one that caused many people to moan. I'm not sure if it has been resolved with the Product Updates they've released for max 2012 but I don't remember seeing it anymore in 2012 so it could be that they actually fixed it. If you didn't install the PUs it might be worth trying as well.

that was amazing!!! exactly what I wanted, it solved the problem, thank you so much.
Actually it had DirectX 9, and it was so slow, but I switched to OpenGL and it did magic!! perfect, look how it changed the whole thing and it's a lot faster.

06 June 2013
Glad it worked. I'm really not sure if one of the Updates fixed it but I don't remember seeing this anymore with Nitrous (but I'm using Nitrous only every now and then so can't really tell). But make sure to install the latest Product Update if you haven't yet, they've also addressed many other issues in 2012. Then, if you still see this issue with Nitrous, you know what to do

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread