horse model

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
horse model

this is a resculpt of the horse part of the centaur in my other WIP. I tried to suggest the muscles more than define them by edge loops. I feel it gives a better parameterization of the topology than the way i did the centaur.

most of the sculpting was done in zbrush. I imported an obj, then up-rezed it in zbrush, sculpted it, exported out the cage and used a smoothed version of that at render time in maya. beats using the artisan tool.

let me know what you think.

r

Last edited by R_K : 08 August 2005 at 05:03 AM.

08 August 2004
The whole model looks good. The body is basicaly on the right lines but the head lets you down. The snout on horses is alot longer and also the nostrils sit higher than the lips. Also the proportions of the neck/head to body ars not right. Head/neck are too big. The shape of the nostrils is not right either, looks like you had as a reference a toy and not a real horse or a sculpture of a horse.

Here is a head I wa sworking on for the Machineflesh, which I never ended up finishing. It was heavely referenced from Ancient sculptures and Thoroughbreds. Maybe it is helbful.

regards

jannis

08 August 2004
Looks great!!!
but i think the eyes need some more work

08 August 2004
Jannis -
great model Jannis. sorry you didn't get it into the challenge. i am not using thorough breeds as reference, though. instead i was shooting more for clydsdales. I lengthened the torso to better fit there proportions as the chest to neck area seemed right but there wasn't enough length in the body. will update tonight.

as for the toy comment, i am assuming you mean that the forms are oversimplified. or at least, i hope. yeah, i agree. that is how i wanted it for now so i can go in and noodle it more like yours is. btw, i love the mouth on your horse. thanks for the comments.

kifferding - thanks for the comments. yeah, the eyes and other things need more noodeling, more character. i will update with some zbrush work. and with some hair after i figure out maya6's curves.

r

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread