Trying to get some feed back from 3D community.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

05 May 2017
Trying to get some feed back from 3D community.

I working on a mini series called "The Launch gate" I using bunch of software Daz3D, Poser, MAYA, Motion-builder, I clone, and After Effect to make it. My PC is not super powerful but I do have a Titan X. I just want to see how you guys feel about some of my work.

One of the problem or I should say is future problems. Is I'm torn on rendering in Iray for quality images or dropping down to basic render (draft) for speed. Seeing how Youtube has changed it's rules. Rendering on Iray for one episode (10mins) on my PC could take two months and that's not including the animation part. (Sigh) That's one of the reasons I don't use too many lights in my shots to cut down render times.

And if you could Give a few tips on how I can do better. Good or bad it's ok I have tough skin.

link to my animation test here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD5g8XaZl54

???

Heronn tell officials he will not cooperate by

05 May 2017
Sorry if you already doing it it but, have you tried to review your scenes and locate where you can use the same bg for multiple frames (especially if cameras are static).
For example in your first pciture, if we imagine that the guy will go up and walk out of frame, then just render the guy and use the same bg. You can add projection lights too, or you can fake the body infront of light effect in postproduction.
On second picture if the guy is going out of frame just render him alone and use the static bg. If camera moves with the guy but is not activelly moving up and down you could make a looping ground.
In third photo if he walks out of corridor then just render guy with lights and shadows, the corridor wont change.
For tower if the only thing that is moving are going to be people, then render bg, render people animation and maybe render foreground and people can move between bg and foreground.
Sadly not much advices for other shots since they seem more interactive, but i think you get the point.
Although i am afraid that it probably will only cut back a week max.

Another thing you might try is to use a set time for frame. No idea if iray has it thou. The setback will of course be the quality and i suspect you are already using it judging by the graininess of solder in bus.

05 May 2017
Thank you I will keep it in mind. For future rendering. I actual have used your strategy one or twice before. But I do find that the effect ends up needing more post production work. With the lights to make the person or people look naturally in the scene. Especially if its a scene shot indoors (lots of shadows). Or it could be I'm just not familiar enough with After Effects yet.

Speaking of such I notice that outside scenes render much quicker than inside ones and still look better with less grain in them.

Because of this I'm thinking of moving as many of my scenes outside as I can. To help move things little quicker.

But everything keeps coming back quantity vs quality

05 May 2017
Update photots

Update on trailer two. Trailer two is more action based than trailer one. Which was tellin more of the story than two. Two is to show what I can do. with the software.

any thoughts

05 May 2017
promise

I promise your gonna wanna see, Heronn's one-on-one with a 650lb Minotaur. #theLaunchGate #trailercomingsoon

06 June 2017
Lights ok! Happy now?

Good picture rite? But it took. 15 mins to render. With this scene alone having over 300 frames. I'm forced to reduce lights for time keeping. But I made this for all people who thought I didn't know how to render with lights. smh........ Trailer is 80% done Smh #thelaunchgate

07 July 2017
Here is another one of my render with high quality *thoughts

07 July 2017
Trailer comes out Aug,1,2017 hope you watch them thelaunch

gate.com

08 August 2017
Here we are 1/8/2017
Ok guys all feedback welcomed. Good and bad

reply share thread