Stop Motion Animation Lab Technician
This is a part-time position, up to 40 hours/week for 37 weeks/yr.
Work is available only when school is in session: 15 weeks in the fall semester, 15 weeks in the spring semester, and 7 weeks in the summer semester. Must be flexible and willing to work weekend shifts.
- Monitor student use of the lab, checking students in and out of the lab.
- Help students and faculty with technical needs, e.g., troubleshooting and malfunctioning equipment.
- Assist students with software/ equipment troubleshooting, and computer maintenance and repair (Mac).
- Give tutorials to students about software and Stop Motion techniques.
- Assist with departmental exhibitions.
- Help maintain departmental aesthetic (change and update displays within department), including desktop publishing (fliers, videos, and other promotional media).
- Provide a cordial and friendly presence to students, faculty and staff.
- Must have an understanding of traditional animation techniques
For further information on the Academy:
- (e.g., stop-motion, experimental animation and cel animation), and principles.
- Strong Mac skills and good understanding of puppet and set fabrication.
- Software knowledge: Dragon Stop Motion, iStopMotion, QuickTimePro, FCP, Adobe After Effects, Premier Pro, Photoshop CS,
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Pay Rate - $12.50/hr
This position includes the following benefits: one tuition free undergraduate class per semester, paid sick leave accrual, a limited health insurance plan, and a 401K plan after one year of service (pending completion of the required minimum hours of work)
HOW TO APPLY: www.aaujobs.com