Why does openGL texture display make meshes go transparent?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Why does openGL texture display make meshes go transparent?

Lately in maya 2012 I have been trying to edit textures in openGL view. For some odd reason, which I can not track down, I am getting meshes that disappear to transparent in the texture view (6) mode.

I can open the UV texture window and pick a texture so it will display in the perspetive window on the desired mesh but as soon as I rotate the view the mesh goes 100% transparent.

I go to the vray material and I see that under hardware display that the "textured channel" says "none". So I push it to color and it only stays for a second then flips back to "non" on its own.

Why would it do this?

This is not a referenced asset either.

03 March 2013
is the outcolor of the file going to V-Ray opacity slot as well as diffuse? Sometimes this can happen.

03 March 2013
Originally Posted by Hamburger: is the outcolor of the file going to V-Ray opacity slot as well as diffuse? Sometimes this can happen.

may be he is right. Once i was trying to connect a file's outColor to a standerd lamberts color attribute. But, after hooking i saw that the texture was also applied to the transparency slot. Result was the same problem. Check that out.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread