Getting started in motion tracking

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

12 December 2014
Getting started in motion tracking

I was curious if there was a good resource/website to get into motion tracking. I am familiar with some of the tools in AE, but a site that helps people get into the area and get a better understanding of when to use a certain track etc. I have checked out a few books on the topic to get some background info on it. Looking really to get started kind of dabbling in it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

12 December 2014
Do you mean specifically for ae?

Youtube has lots, but its weeding out the good tutorials from the bad ones hehe, sometimes i spends a while until i find a gem of a tutorials.

I think also videocopilot is a good site too and also digital tutors, but you have to pay for them.

Personally I have just started using nuke and there is a lot on youtube after a bit of searching. AE is more popular i think so there should be more

Hope that's somewhat helpful

12 December 2014
Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it! Actually looking at some basic stuff before I get too much into it. For instance, when to use a 3D track vs a 2D track. What type of shots can be tracked without production set ups such as tracker points or green screen. I was hoping there was a solid resource out there, kind of like Video Copilot for AE or GSG for C4D users.

reply share thread