Utah Valley Univ.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2010
Utah Valley Univ.

Yo Im checking out UVU and its seems like the place for me and some general requirements I can actually do and the Digital Media courses go pretty deep it seems. Anyone been or visited that can show insight

02 February 2010
I never heard of Utah Valley

In response to your post, I want you to know that I have done a LOT of research on media and animation programs in both the US and Canada. NO WHERE did I ever encounter anyone who recommend Utah Valley. Maybe it has a strong program, but no one in the industry ever recommended it nor did any animation school review ever mention it nor was there ever an article that noted any successful alumni from there.

Last edited by taxguy : 02 February 2010 at 04:59 PM.

02 February 2010
Originally Posted by FullSailAlien: Yo Im checking out UVU and its seems like the place for me and some general requirements I can actually do and the Digital Media courses go pretty deep it seems. Anyone been or visited that can show insight

I teach in that program, and it is excellent. Our focus is Character TD and Animation, and Game Design. I have former students at Pixar, DreamWorks, Disney, and Nickelodeon. Feel free to visit, and take a tour.

BTW We just purchased 90k worth of computer equipment for one lab, including 25 Wacom Cintiqs. Feel free to contact me. http://UVU.edu

Anthony Romrell

02 February 2010
thnx anthony how deep does the program go with the emphasis in game and animation does it cover not only the basics but advanced things that is hard to learn alone. Ive attended Full Sail they cramp months worth of fundamentals into 8 hours a day expect results in short time which ppl like myself require time to fully comprehend but does it also stay at a steady pace instead of rushing your learning and finally is there more up to date student work I only saw work from 2008 is there anything more recent I could view. Im looking for something in utah because I used to live there for a few years I completely loved it.

Last edited by HughBowen : 03 March 2010 at 12:40 AM.

03 March 2010
still looking for a update on this

03 March 2010
Contact me

It is best if you contact me directly. Can you stop by? or call?

03 March 2010
sure Ill give you a call monday much thnx

03 March 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread