BoolPro: A better mesh boolean

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2016
Zohar,

this cannot be a general problem as I had no problems compiling boolPro (vs2013/vs2016)
with the 'original' file structuring.

01 January 2016
Hi Burkhard,

Good to know. So maybe something is messed up on my system; I didn't have time to look into this properly.
Feel free to send me a link to your binary (e.g. dropbox), and I'll upload it instead of mine.

01 January 2016
I guess the new boolean in Maya are pretty good.I was trying them and no crashing like days of old.

01 January 2016
Originally Posted by zoharl: Hi Burkhard,

Good to know. So maybe something is messed up on my system; I didn't have time to look into this properly.
Feel free to send me a link to your binary (e.g. dropbox), and I'll upload it instead of mine.

My version is different from the 'official' boolPro...hope I will some day have time to incorporate uv support and then release it. As I have said in another thread, the default Maya-carve-booleans crash more often then the boolPro version...of course I have no idea how that is possible.

01 January 2016
Originally Posted by sciLoop: the default Maya-carve-booleans crash more often then the boolPro version...of course I have no idea how that is possible.

no crashes here in maya 2016 ext1... i hope you send your crashes to autodesk...

reply share thread