CGTalk > Software > Autodesk 3ds max
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 07-25-2013, 02:39 AM   #1
Praedor
portfolio
USA

Material/texture problem with model

I am working with skeletal meshes pulled from a game (Mass Effect 3). I've made some edits in 3ds Max, export them as psk, import the psk into UDK and save as a upk for import back into the game. My models work rather well in the game but I've run into an issue with this one model that I cannot figure out how to fix. It seems that somewhere along the line this character acquired a material of some sort on her head but I cannot find any sign of it in 3ds Max. I need to reset it to the default material that 3ds gives to any model because this surface texture or material ruins the appearance of the character's texture applied in the game.

Here is the head/shoulders of the character imported into UDK from 3ds. The issue only shows on the model upon import into UDK and then when that is imported into the game. It is not a UDK issue because no other models are so affected from 3ds Max.

UDK assigns a generic blue/grey checkerboard texture to untextured models. Her body is so textured but her head...bizarre swirly pattern the source of which I cannot find. How do I correct this in 3ds? Or even in UDK?

Old 07-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
Diffus3d
Mad Scientist

portfolio
Alfred (AJ) DeFlaminis
3dsmaxTSS
USA

I'm guessing the head has it's own uvs on either the same body channel or it's own uv channel. Can you post the model? Or just part of it?

Old 07-25-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread