Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 05-05-2013, 04:35 AM   #1
djx
Where's my pony?

David Johnson
vfx & creature td
Melbourne, Australia

maya 2014: whatIs moduleDetectionLogic

In maya 2014 script editor, I've noticed that if I turn on "echo all commands" a seemingly endless stream of messages starts appearing.

Code:
moduleDetectionLogic; loadModule -scan; moduleDetectionLogic; loadModule -scan; string $currentRendererName = currentRenderer(); renderer -query -rendererUIName $currentRendererName; // Maya Software // toolButton -q -ann $gNonSacredToolWidget; string $currentRendererName = currentRenderer(); renderer -query -rendererUIName $currentRendererName; // Maya Software // toolButton -q -ann $gNonSacredToolWidget;

If I leave maya in the background and work in other apps, the messages continue (at a lower frequency I think).

I'm guessing that this is new behaviour that makes it possible to add modules without the need to restart maya, but since my maya env tends to be static 99% of the time, I want to turn this feature off.

Does anybody have any info on this?

David

Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
Hamburger
Expert
portfolio
Where is it?
Architectural Viz
Australia

I wonder if it has something to do with detecting if you are in standard maya tools or the new modelling toolkit.

Edit: wait....

MAYA-22469 Maya constantly executes "toolButton -q -ann $gNonSacredToolWidget;", making it difficult to read the contents of the Script Editor history.

Workaround:
moduleDetectionLogic refers to the new "autoloader" plug-in. Unloading "autoLoader" prevents the following commands:
moduleDetectionLogic;
loadModule -scan;.

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/fil...readme_enu.html

Old 05-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
djx
Where's my pony?

David Johnson
vfx & creature td
Melbourne, Australia

Nice find. Thanks for that. Disabling autoloader now.

David

Old 05-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
djx
Where's my pony?

David Johnson
vfx & creature td
Melbourne, Australia

But that doesn't make the script editor history any easier to read. Now it is clogging up with chunks of verbage like this:

Quote:
// Result: scriptEditorPanel1Window|TearOffPane|scriptEditorP anel1|formLayout77|formLayout79|paneLayout2|cmdScr ollFieldReporter1 //
string $currentRendererName = currentRenderer(); renderer -query -rendererUIName $currentRendererName;
// Result: Maya Hardware //
toolButton -q -ann $gNonSacredToolWidget;
string $currentRendererName = currentRenderer(); renderer -query -rendererUIName $currentRendererName;
DisplayWireframe;

That was after I hit the 4 key to toggle wireframe display. Then when I moved my cursor into the script history to copy that text... it added the following and scrolled the history to the bottom again.

Quote:
// Maya Hardware //
// Maya Hardware //
// Maya Hardware //
// Maya Hardware //
// Maya Hardware //
// Maya Hardware //
// Maya Hardware //
// Maya Hardware //

And kept adding more at each attempt to copy something from the history. I had to disable "echo all commands" to get it to settle down while I did the select/copy.

These messages have no apparent use to me, and I think I would be more comfortable without them, especially when trying to sift through the history for useful information.

David

Old 05-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
djx
Where's my pony?

David Johnson
vfx & creature td
Melbourne, Australia

Hamburger, I re-read the limitation/workaround and it strikes me as strange that the wording of the solution to MAYA-22469 does not seem to address the error messages mentioned in the problem. It looks to me like disabling the autoloader is actually a workaround for another problem. Something like:

Quote:
Maya constantly executes "moduleDetectionLogic; loadModule -scan;", making it difficult to read the contents of the Script Editor history.

So I'm still looking for a workaround for the constant execution (if the cursor moves that is) of "toolButton -q -ann $gNonSacredToolWidget; string $currentRendererName = currentRenderer(); renderer -query -rendererUIName $currentRendererName;" problem.

David

Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
Hamburger
Expert
portfolio
Where is it?
Architectural Viz
Australia

Ah, I'm sorry David, the only reference to this "bug" was with the link above. I'm not sure what to do either then in this particular case. :/

Old 05-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
djx
Where's my pony?

David Johnson
vfx & creature td
Melbourne, Australia

Ha! Don't apologize. Not your fault. In fact, I had read the release notes too, but didn't remember seeing that one. I get the feeling that they made an editing error and accidentally skipped some text between two similar, neighboring issues. And this theory gives me some hope that there is actually a similar workaround for the first one too.

David

Old 06-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #8
calmasacow
Know-it-All

portfolio
James Barnette
3D Artist / Pipeline Manager
3Dmotif LLC
Houston, USA

Send a message via MSN to calmasacow
For the love of god tell me someone found a solution for this? it has made the script editor almost impossible to use at this point.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
djx
Where's my pony?

David Johnson
vfx & creature td
Melbourne, Australia

This problem has been fixed in 2014 SP1

David

Old 06-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread