CGTalk > Software > Autodesk Maya > Maya Dynamics
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 09-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
txdiablo79
portfolio
USA

Exclamation Slurping Spaghetti Effect

Ok...I'm not trying to create an animation of someone slurping spaghetti, but I imagine the method is the same. I'm researching a way to get an animated flowy ribbon to get sucked into a box. It will be flying around a room for a bit and then end up getting sucked into a box that will be moving as well. I was wondering if anybody had any method that would work best for this!? The ribbon will have a life of it's own that I'll have to probably have animation control over it while it's dynamic, but I figure I can use the dynamic joint chain with maya hair to animate that unless it interferes with whatever method I'll need to have it get sucked in...Any ideas!? Thanks in advance!

Old 09-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
benio33
portfolio
Maciej Benczarski
Lead FX TD
Platige Image
Poland

nCloth plane (being wrap deformer of the ribbon, or the ribbon itself) pulled by transform constraints into the box.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
Duncan
Expert

Duncan Brinsmead
Principal Scientist
Autodesk
Canada

You might also want to place a volume axis field at the opening of the box to provide a continous inward push into the box. Thus once the tip of the ribbon was pulled into the box the rest would get sucked in, even if it was a small box.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread