CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Strange Behaviour (Model Render / Animation)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 10-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #91
Nennad
Edge manipulator

portfolio
Nenad Pantic
illustrator
Greystones, Ireland

Final Render: Lucy's Strange Love

Software: Blender,Photoshop,Wings3D

(Note: Sorry for double entry... I managed to compress movie more... sound is now mono what is ok because of silent movie style!)

This is a movie about hen who likes to eat poached eggs!

Synopsys:
Lucy (hen) lives as a prisoner in a cage, and she lay eggs for the man who bought her from Jajatz Company. Her master is poached egg lover,
and she is too...! She managed to lay three eggs at the time, and she burst out from a cage, prepared the fryer and she cook them.
Unfortunately, she had no idea what fate awaits her...

All models created in Wings 3d
Unwarped with Wings3d, exept hen, she is Unwarped in Blender
Texturized with Photoshop 7
Animated in Blender, about 2800 frames 25 frames per sec.
Rendered in Blender, internal render with Raytracing, Aerial light and few fake lights, Ambient occlusion.
Sound compiled in Kristal Audio Engine

Additional content source:
Music: “Work is work” , “Unrelenting”, by Kevin MacLoed
Sounds(partial): The Freesound Project
Fonts: Ray Larbie
Textures source: Imageafter

Duration: 2 min, and approx 3 min. "Making of"
Resolution: 640x480

Thanks everyone at CGTalk for their support, encouragement, critique and advices!

Play Video >>

Old 11-09-2007, 11:29 AM   #92
evengi
Veteran

portfolio
Roger A Gihlemoen
Art Director, 3D artist
evengi film
Norway

Send a message via MSN to evengi
This is really great! You've done a great job modeling the interiour! I also like your textures, maybe you could have been a little more dramatic with the light? The animation has both good and sometimes weaker points, but you manage to tell the story well, and that's not easy. I like the cartoony style of her running. Especially when she runs for the chair!

This is very strange behavior, and funny!

And what an ending!! He he.

Roger

Old 11-14-2007, 03:32 AM   #93
Ferx

portfolio
Fernando Porcel
Mexico City, Mexico

Send a message via MSN to Ferx
Hey Nenad, really cool animation !! hahahhaha I love lucy !!! A very funny idea. The egg crack on flying Jordan style is a great and cool touch!!. Congratulations for this great animation mate! Good luck !!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #94
Nennad
Edge manipulator

portfolio
Nenad Pantic
illustrator
Greystones, Ireland

Thanks Evengi and Ferx for your comments... kind words! . And thanks to everyone else who dropped me a line before. It was great piece of encouragement. Im sorry I had not time to visit all galleries/reply some WIP... I barely managed to finish this on time, before things gone crazy in my everyday job due to the very intense part of the year.

Evengi thanks for your keen observation. We seem to have the same attitude regarding my work done here! I also think that the story is fairly good interpreted, and i spent much of time on scenery. You well noticed ups and downs in animation part! Light is not best part of it, what bothers me a little - it could be more moody with more quality there...

And Ferx mrehehe flying Jordan! I had a different idea in my head, but now when you say it, I say OK .

May ittention was to have Matrix/Kung fu sequence there: combining "high elegancy" of Matrix, and crude shots from B production KungFu movies

Best luck, all!

Old 11-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #95
fruela
Medical Doctor

portfolio
Dr fruela
Zürich, Switzerland

I am astonished. I dont' have words about the animation. When the hen breaks the egg... the matrix style... the explosion... the camera movement... The dinamic of the short movie it is brilliant. The velocity of the actions. Good, very good. And the making of... with a lot of detail... Great, great. Very good job.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #96
Trickz
Control Z is my friend...

portfolio
Rick Davidson
Designer
Black Sheep
Hamilton, New Zealand

You put a ton of work into this Nenad. I thought I worked hard! haha. It looks great, I love the light airy feel. Thanks for your comments and good luck, has been fun.

Imagination is more important than knowledge
- Albert Einstein. ~ I live HERE

STRANGE BEHAVIOUR ENTRY

Old 11-15-2007, 11:33 PM   #97
vmulligan
Know-it-All

portfolio
Vikram Mulligan
Postdoctoral researcher
University of Washington
Seattle, United%2BStates

Hey, nicely done! I'm glad you finished it in time, and I like the way it turned out.
Strange Behaviour animation and still.
Eon animation and still.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:37 PM   #98
alvin-cgi
Lord of the posts

portfolio
alvin tea
Auckland, New Zealand

Nice work my friend, turned out really well.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #99
Nennad
Edge manipulator

portfolio
Nenad Pantic
illustrator
Greystones, Ireland

Hey guys, Fruela, Trickz, Vikram and Alvin! Thanks for your exceedingly kind comments!
Your support was really precious thing during the creation process. Somehow it is easier when you have a public who encourages you, as well as you do to them. I guess we all came out with greater experience from this competition.

I am satisfied by establishing contacts here at CGSociety in such manner. Also, it is a good way to learn about other people workflow. I mean: all the stuff that motivate us to work and compete, all things that prevent us to work as we might (work, obligations of many kinds). Excitement, enduraance, sleeples hours in the night .

So, after this few lines of poetry, let me inform you, if I can, that I am going to submit my movie also on domestic/international and highly esteemed animated movies festival here in Zagreb. I am recommending it to you too, it is free to submit. Read more about it here www.animafest.hr (there is english version too). I would love to see your work also on big screen, here in my town!

Old 11-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #100
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread