Calming, Ivan Colas (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #1
Calming, Ivan Colas (2D)

Title: Calming
Name: Ivan Colas
Software: Photoshop

New portrait, I am feeling stronger and I have a little bit more personal techniques. I want to transfer you my emotions in my work and I hope you like it.

Don't hesitate to make good/bad feedback, I am student and I would like improve my skill yet :).

Old 09 September 2013   #2
Hey Breckman,
nice work here, I can see that you spent a lot of love when making the hair and colors.

What I would suggest to you is sitting the head on a body. Imagine a bust: Part of the neck and shoulders should do it. This way you'll create depth and have the head sitting much better within the composition of the picture.

Old 09 September 2013   #3
Hello DarkTownArt,

Thank you very very much to your commentary !!! Your are so stronggg and I love your work. You have beautiful portraits !!

Exactly, one buddy told me the same comments you !! And I heard your advises and to my next painting, I'll do it of course.

Do you think one texture in skin face is a good idea ? Because I would like to keep the "smooth and light style".

I'll give more life to my next work because my buddy told me " she was slightly dead " ^^.

I am very happy to have your comment because I was ready to launch my painting to the
garbage, because I don't really know what to think my work....

I think is a training painting because isn't hair but a russian hat "chapka". A face floating... My painting is unclear but I'll work my work style ^^

Old 09 September 2013   #4
Smile

Hello again Breckman, I feel honored, thank you! :3

The face can look soft no problem. When it's a female character, she might probably profit from this.

Let me give you an example with a portrait I painted some years ago: http://darktownart.cgsociety.org/gallery/465424/
See here? Her skin is also very soft. It can be used as a tool.
Notice that the colour of the neck/ body comes off a bit darker to push the body backward a bit and the face forward.

When it comes to putting a focus around the face and adjusting the hair, maybe this tutorial that I wrote around the same time can help you:

http://zombiesandwich.deviantart.co...t-Hair-50318262

Old 09 September 2013   #5
Well, thanks you !!!

I'll see it with more attention when I'll do a new digital painting. The hairs is very nice in your tutorial. I am enthusiastic to test that ! Congratulations yet to your great works !

Old 09 September 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread