Can I import camera data into AE? Also, plugins for stars?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
Can I import camera data into AE? Also, plugins for stars?

I have a night sky I need to render in a scene. If I got with a traditional dome it is very hard to get the stars to look right. What I have been doing is putting a square close to where I would have the skydome and then tracking it in AE and applying that information to a sky layer. There has to be a better way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there a better way to populate my sky with stars? Thanks!

Old 09 September 2012   #2
Max2AE by Boomer Labs. You can position helper layers in max, and export them into AE so they become 3d layers in AE. You can export cameras, lights, helper objects straight into AE.

Also I think Max 2013 has the ability to export into AE natively.

Old 09 September 2012   #3
By using state sets you can get camera and node data into after effects. Just make sure you save a copy of your scene before using state sets to be safe. You can get it for 2012 if you have a subscription.

Old 09 September 2012   #4
statesets are much better now compared to when they where introduced. Corrupted scenes aren't happening anymore.

And there is sn awesome stars plugin for AE: http://www.maasdigital.com/starpro/

Old 09 September 2012   #5
Also if you don't want to use the state sets, you can use an .RPF camera, and this tool I made.

Its free, and you can get it here along with the video tutorial of how to use it.

Old 09 September 2012   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread