Reaching out to Artists

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2013   #1
Reaching out to Artists

So it's been a long time since I've posted on these forums, but I have a question I would love some perspective on.

How would you suggest the best way for reaching out to other artists and building a peer group? I would really like to build up a peer group of artists that have similar ambitions in pushing their artistic skills as far as they can go and sharing their passion for CG.

It's very difficult to learn in a vacuum, Having that harsh feedback from a peer group you trust and respect can really help a person grow as an artist. It's something I feel is missing in my life right now and I need more help to grow as an artist and bring my skills to the next level. It's also nice to just talk shop and learn from each other.

So how would you suggest finding a peer group? (outside of college)

Old 11 November 2013   #2
surely you have a local siggraph chapter?

Old 11 November 2013   #3
Actually we have just recently (as in a year ago) re-established our Toronto Siggraph chapter. I've been going out to the meet ups, been meeting mostly students, programmers, developers, and recruiters. I haven't met a lot of artists outside of the students, dunno if it's just because the chapter is new so not a lot of artists know about it, or maybe not a lot of artists are interested in going to Siggraph meetups, I'm not sure.

Old 11 November 2013   #4
Where I live it starts with students, that just seems the normal way of things.

Old 11 November 2013   #5
May I suggest checking out a team like theory animation?

http://theoryanimation.com/

Old 11 November 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread