Anatomy study- Body Builder-C & C please

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #1
Anatomy study- Body Builder-C & C please

Hi guys, here is a bodybuilder that I'm working on, any C & C most welcome.

Old 08 August 2012   #2
Very impressive level of detail. I'd love to see it when you add the textures.

Old 08 August 2012   #3
Thanks Dillster, much appreciated

Old 08 August 2012   #4
Amazing. Simply amazing. Now im assuming you did this in zbrush. I am just starting to learn the program now. So I have a lot of respect for people that can do what you did. The level of detail is insane. You will go far my friend keep it up.

Old 08 August 2012   #5
Excellence work, no critics on the technical skill, however, I do think the leg is a little long compare to the rest of the body (but I could be wrong).

Keep it up.

Old 08 August 2012   #6
I’d at least do a BPR render with shadows off, and turn on perspective to improve the images appearance a bit. The legs do look a little long, as PKD mentioned, but I think this may be due to the perspective being apparently off.

I think the model looks okay at this point, though I think the overall anatomy needs double checking and refining.

There are a lot of areas that need to be worked. The deltoid area looks distorted, creating confusion with the pectoral group as it flows to the humerus insertion area. Also, the clavicular part of the deltoid actually looks like it is connected to the biceps.
The Serattus Anterior and External Oblique groups don’t flow along the same line, but make an angle to each other. They also look like lump islands with too wide a gapped groove surrounding them.

Also, the front of the legs look too lumpy, opposed to the natural surface irregularity imparted by subcutaneous tissue. The knees look randomly detailed. Some of the creases on the back and back of the legs look too sharp.

The feet look off, especially the outer edge. I guess the toes are fused?

Looking forward to updates.

Old 08 August 2012   #7
Thanks for the comments guys. Really appreciate Quadart's critique as it's something that I desperately need to improve my anatomy. Below is a BDR render with shadow off and perspective on.

Will work on those issues as suggested and update as I go. Cheers.

Old 08 August 2012   #8
I woold actually beef him out even more, Body Builders tend to be grotesque caricatures.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...iw=1920&bih=936

Old 08 August 2012   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread