Rhino export

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2010
Rhino export

Hi all

Does anyone here use Rhino at all ?

I'm trying to establish the best way to get Rhino models into either FormZ (so I can then bring them in EI), or directly into EI itself.

I have no knowledge of Rhino and the demo Mac version will only run on 10.5.8 or later so I can't currently test it out.

Appreciate any help.

James

05 May 2010
Export as fbx from Rhino. Set mesh density etc. Open in EIAS.

05 May 2010
I use Rhino daily and when I need to get the objects into EI, I always go through EIM. Rhino's mesher is only ok where-as EIM's is very good. I export as acis .sat V4.

05 May 2010
Here´s one Archive , containing the Rhino Logo sample, as .fac and as .sat file, to evaluate it with your FormZ output.

The file was exported from Rhino OSX beta as .sat V4 and brought into ViaCAD5 and exported from there with the standard meshing options, which can of course be changed to your liking. ViaCAD´s meshing options for .fac export are also excellent.

Regards
Stefan

P.S. One nice thing about ViaCAD is also that you can import native Rhino files (.3dm) which preserves the layers and object colors from Rhino files.

Last edited by futagoza : 05 May 2010 at 04:22 PM.

05 May 2010
I found Rhino mesh output to be quite good compared to formZ. Personally I don't use Rhino very much & prefer to bring objects into EIAS via SharkFX not just from Rhino but also when translating nurbs from formZ.

05 May 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread