Dust Plant - Dust the Film, Nate Hallinan (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Dust Plant - Dust the Film, Nate Hallinan (2D)

Title: Dust Plant - Dust the Film
Name: Nate Hallinan
Software: Photoshop

Dust Plant Here's another concept I did for the short film Dust. Brynn Metheney did a great job creating original concept. I was tasked with creating the Visual Target Concept. (Painting it into a film shot to see what it would look like a little more detailed/realistic for Modelers/Texturers/Lighting/etc.)

Dust Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT0-FgwSpO4

See more about Dust here: http://www.facebook.com/dustthefilm
If you'd like to see more of my concept work: http://www.facebook.com/NateHallinanArt

07 July 2013
Plugged

Cheers,
Ben

07 July 2013
This is super awesome!! congrats to Dust and the amazing concept.

07 July 2013
love it. and great design too !

07 July 2013
Thumbs up

I like the dust plant/mushrooms that are coming out of the person's body (is that a man or woman?). It's an interesting idea with the blurred screen shot for the background (it turned out well, I can make out the two people who are going away). The scene does make me wonder what's happening (which will help entice people to learn more about the short film). I particularly like the detailing you got with the scattered dirt on the person's body, especially around the dust plants. Overall, this is a really cool piece. Keep it up. Great job.

07 July 2013
Love the concept! and the dust in the air. Really nice detail in the mushrooms.
The only thing that I can add is (and that is because Im a photographer too) is that the kind of blurring in the background that you use, is not the blur that lenses produce. I recommend you to get a lens blur effect, that creates the "bokeh" that occurs in photography...
I hope it helps!

07 July 2013
I'm one of the kickstarter backers and I've been really impressed with the footage of this so far. Hope they finish by the end of the year.

07 July 2013
creeeepy ... i love it :-)

07 July 2013
Thank you for all the comments!

fabriciomicheli This was done for production so it had a pretty quick turnaround. I think there was some post changes to the plate but it was just enough to convey the concept. All I did was adjust the lighting slightly to the background and paint the plant into the image. I think I only spent about 8 hours on it. (About a year ago) Thank you for the suggestion though, I have been using what you're talking about in some of my recent work.

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread